• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Framerate problem

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I have an issue. Problem is that i have all my footage in 60fps but when i try to make those video in slow motion (tried speed/duration way and also interpret footage), and it seems like its making slow motion from 24fps video. Its not smooth. Having this problem for the first time.

PC is built for video editing, thats not an issue

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don't know what you mean by slo mo from 24 , not smooth.

firstly, slo mo really doesn't look slo mo until you get to 120 fps on a 24fps timeline. and is smooth.

anything less than 120 is basically a waste of time IMO.

the tricks re: time duration and interpret footage etc. is basically a can of worms cause you end up dropping frames or duplicating frames and god only knows what else the programmers do.

think in old world film terms... you shoot 120, you project with 24fps... you see slow motion. simple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If i have 60fps footage and i make video 50% slower, it should be in nice slow mo, since it plays 30fps

but in my cae it looks like you took 24fps video, made it 50% slower and run it in 12fps

Basically my 60fps footage runs at 12fps when i make slower by 50%. Its choppy and looking really bad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photo-Sonics, Inc. Home (photosonics.com)

I worked in film biz as crew and sometimes worked with table top ( food, etc.) commercial companies in nyc. like, imagine those corn flakes and milk and fruit falling into a lovely bowl in slo mo....

we used photo sonics... and it's around 1000 fps for that sort of thing.

you can't shoot humans in that kind of light cause they would burn up like moths at night on a hot light.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand but i am not talking about that type of slow mo, just regular 60fps footage slowing by 50% but it plays back like 12fps, thats an issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Found the problem. when i am playing my 60fps footage frame by frame, every second frame is just missing. thats why when i am slowing it down by 50% it looks so choppy, because its actually 15fps then. How can i fix those missing frames?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines