Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frames from different clips shows up where its not supposed to

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've been having a problem for a couple of months and its driving me crazy.  Right now I'm using Premiere Pro CC v11.1.0. (Just updated)

Okay so here is the thing. Imagine that u have clip A and clip B next to eachother. Now if u want to extend clip B the last frame from clip A is stuck where clip B used to start. And if i delete that frame and drag clip B back its still the same frame from clip A. Even if i import clip B into the timeline again it will still show that stupid frame. And the same thing will happen to clip B and clip C. Basically every time I cut from one clip to another, the last frame from the first clip is merged into the first frame of the last clip. Ive seen others on here with the same problem, but no answers. Is there anyone out there that can help me cure this disease?

Henrik

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Hi, I just posted because I was having this same issue but might have found a solution! At least it worked for me. Part of the problem (I think) was that I was working with some 4K footage and some 1080p footage, but all of it was shot in 60fps. In my sequence settings, video frame and video preview were set to 3840 x 2160 and 1920 x 1080 respectively, and my timebase was set to 60.01 frames per second. I set timebase to 60.00 fps, and hit the "Reset" icon in the Video Preview section under sequ

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We'd like to offer help. Which version of Premiere Pro are you using? 

Let us know.

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank GOODNESS someone else has this issue. I found it hard just to even write the correct terms to try and Google the solution.

I don't have a fix (annoyingly) but I DO have a work around for you 🙂

Mark an in and out point roughly around the frame that you are having trouble with (IE the sticking one that shouldn't be there). Then go to SEQUENCE > DELETE RENDER FILES IN TO OUT then RENDER IN TO OUT. This should fix your problem... until it happens again with another one.

I don't know what's causing it, but I would suspect it is something to do with rendering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this WORKSSSS OMG THANKS 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finaly a solution that works! Thank you very much.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my view, your answer is the best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all the other solutions but this one worked like a charm!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This finally did the trick...THANK YOU!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NathanDoesAdobe,

This took care of the same problem I was encountering. Thank you for the solution.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG Thank you so much for that work-around. 

And bravo to the people trying to describe the problem.

It has been happening for me as others described, but ALSO when I have text laid on, for example, the V2 track, but if I change the text or delete it, I'll find that the old text is EMBEDDED in whatever was on V1 track underneath it. Could be text, could be anything. Yes, it's definitely some kind of rendering issue and it is driving me up the wall. It happens MOST of the time at the very beginning or end of a clip, but sometimes right in the MIDDLE of a clip and I can't just shave that middle part out without it being obvious....and aaarrrggggg. Thank god for the 'delete render files' options you are such a life saver. (and boo to the person who assumed user error early on)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still the solution June 19, 2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. It is such a huge time waster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You beautiful human being, thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this! I was almost pulling my hair out over here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I just noticed I am having this exact same issue! Any luck in solving the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone said to put an in and out marker around the problem and delete the render files from the in to the out and re-render. 

I have to do this ALMOST EVERY TIME I edit my footage now. And before i export, i delete all renders and re-render to be safe. Annoying as hell. But thank god to whoever figured that out. I made shortcuts for deleting render files and will soon, if possible, make shortcuts for clearing the in and out markers. Sigh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just posted because I was having this same issue but might have found a solution! At least it worked for me. Part of the problem (I think) was that I was working with some 4K footage and some 1080p footage, but all of it was shot in 60fps. In my sequence settings, video frame and video preview were set to 3840 x 2160 and 1920 x 1080 respectively, and my timebase was set to 60.01 frames per second. I set timebase to 60.00 fps, and hit the "Reset" icon in the Video Preview section under sequence settings and that seemed to fix it! 

Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 9.20.06 PM.png

I was inspired to check sequence settings vs video preview settings by the poster in the forum linked below, so they may have more information! 

https://forums.creativecow.net/docs/forums/post.php?forumid=3&postid=926517&univpostid=926517&pview=...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SO much for sharing! this was driving me crazy. I have a bunch of different submitted phone-footage in my project, and when I checked the sequence setting, timebase was set to 29,99 fps. After changing it to 30 the problem stopped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes!!!!thank you! this was it! all I had to do was round up my fps to the closest number without decimals which in my case was from 29.97 fps to 30fps. thank you, this one was annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason for just about every post in this thread is Variable Framerate, (which someone suggested very early on): https://www.reddit.com/r/VideoEditing/wiki/faq/vfr

All of these slightly off FPS values are great indicators of it. The fact that if you render the footage the issue tends to go away. Etc. Most of this stuff is h264/h265 media captured on a phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Fixed it for me! This problem was a first for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for this answer! I had built my sequence several times all the way from the start, but everytime the error occurred. I even switched back to an older Premiere Pro version, as I had just updated it I thought that caused it. Without success obviously. Your solution worked fine now I've resetted it from 30.01 to 29.97. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked! Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As with everyone else this was driving me crazy too. Never experienced this before but when a client gave me multiple frame rate clips, there it was! My main sequence was 29.97 mainly iphone footage. i rounded up to 30fps and this seems tto have fixed it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You just saved my life xd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines