Freeze loading project - Waves V12 Plug Ins, Premiere Pro 14.7.0, MacOS Catalina 10.15.7

Participant ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere loads up to the home screen just fine. When I load a project with Waves R-Compressor on a couple of tracks Premiere Pro freezes at about 75% of the load. I think it has something to do with dvaaudiofilterscan and Catalina's Privacy and Security settings.

Premiere will load a project without the Waves plug ins used on any tracks, but still with Waves plug ins activated in the Premire Pro Audio Plug In Manager.

Also, if I remove the Waves plug ins from the "Audio Plug-In manager" in Premiere Pro Preferences before loading the project with Waves plug ins, it will load with the Waves plug ins indicated as "Offline (filter...)"

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Premiere Pro (with "keep settings"). I've tried adding a few things from Waves to the Mac Preferences/Security & Privacy/Accessibility list. So far, no luck.

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't have a definitive solution but others have had past issues with dvaaudiofilterscan in MacOS Mojave and Sierra.

Search 'dvaaudiofilterscan' using the search tool at the top of this forum and see if any of the previous conversations reveal anything useful to your situation ... also I'd start with clearing your caches, and then importing your existing project into a new Premiere Pro project.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think, Waves has solved the issue in the newest version of their software.

I've had the same problem for weeks and it was so anoying.
I just updated Waves Central and all Plugins today and it's working now. I can open projects without Premiere hanging at 75%.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines