Freezes up when scaling video footage

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an educator, I do lots of screen recordings with my Quicktime application, and then edit the screen shot with an audio track I record with an external recorder and lav mic. When I import these into PP and sync everything up, all is well. I have to end up resizing the footage to 1920 x 1080 and scaling the footage to fit. (The original screen recording is an off size, somewhere around 3360 x 2100. I import to a timeline, then resize the Timeline settings and scale the footage down.) I can make cuts, ripple delete, add transitions where I need to. It all works well until I get to the end and try to puts simple Video and Audio transition to cross disolve/cross fade out of the clips. It freezes up if I try to extend the transitions or simply play the end of the clip to check everything. 

I am using a Mac book pro, running 10.15.6, and PP is up to date. Any suggestions are appreciated. 

TOPICS
Crash, Editing, Formats, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?