Frequent 'Not Responding' when moving clips

Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Premiere Pro 2020 14.7.0 (Build 23)on a 2019 iMac Retina 5K (full specs below) and during the process of editing when I move clips around Premiere will randomly go into 'Not Responding' until I force quit and restart the program. This recently purchased computer, been in a use a few weeks and I'm editing H264, 10 bit clips from my Sony A7SIII, video viewer is set to 1/2 quality as I edit. There are minimal lumetri adjustments and a simple timeline but I cant seem to go more than 20 minutes without this happening. 

Anyone aware of any simple solution I'm overlooking because I was using a much older computer previously with half the specs and didnt have this issue so frequently. 

Computer Specs:

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019)

Processor 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

Memory 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Graphics Radeon Pro Vega 48 8 GB

TOPICS
Crash, Editing, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Frequent 'Not Responding' when moving clips

Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Premiere Pro 2020 14.7.0 (Build 23)on a 2019 iMac Retina 5K (full specs below) and during the process of editing when I move clips around Premiere will randomly go into 'Not Responding' until I force quit and restart the program. This recently purchased computer, been in a use a few weeks and I'm editing H264, 10 bit clips from my Sony A7SIII, video viewer is set to 1/2 quality as I edit. There are minimal lumetri adjustments and a simple timeline but I cant seem to go more than 20 minutes without this happening. 

Anyone aware of any simple solution I'm overlooking because I was using a much older computer previously with half the specs and didnt have this issue so frequently. 

Computer Specs:

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019)

Processor 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

Memory 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Graphics Radeon Pro Vega 48 8 GB

TOPICS
Crash, Editing, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 05, 2021 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Sorry to hear about that. We can get this checked.

• Does it happen with particular files or, is it random?

Have you tried deleting cache files? 

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kartika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 07, 2021 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happened at random with differnt files typically with very simple tasks.

I was able to share screen with someone from adobe that seems to have stabilized the issue but somehow all of my presets and preferences were also clearled across all of my adobe programs which is inconvenient. I'm not sure what was done but I would have like to have planned for that prior to it being done. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 08, 2021 0
5uper_D LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I believe you helped with this last week. The same problem has started occuring again - random freezes and crashes when trying to perform basic functions in the time line. 

What did you do when you remoted into my screen? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 11, 2021 0