Highlighted

Fresh Install of CS6 and CC 2020

Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm replacing my recently impaired laptop with a new one. I did a few searches, and found one response that suggests that installing CS6 from disks or download (with license number) on top of CC worked. Any definitive experiences? 

Do we know what happesn  currently if you install CS6 and then CC?

Stan

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Fresh Install of CS6 and CC 2020

Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm replacing my recently impaired laptop with a new one. I did a few searches, and found one response that suggests that installing CS6 from disks or download (with license number) on top of CC worked. Any definitive experiences? 

Do we know what happesn  currently if you install CS6 and then CC?

Stan

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 14, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>what happesn  currently if you install CS6 and then CC

As soon as you install any part of the Cloud, even a trial, it replaces your program management system
-if you plan to keep using CS6 (or earlier) you should NOT install a Cloud program, not even a trial
-Read Cloud takes over https://community.adobe.com/t5/Get-Started/Get-off-the-cloud/td-p/8075485 for some ideas

All of which means that if you must install CS6 and the Cloud, do CS6 first and then do program updates from inside the programs BEFORE you install Cloud programs and the original program manager is replaced

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020 0
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dont think this is still relevant as CS6 is no longer supported by CC or Adobe for that matter.

I recently had to re-activate Encore with a serial number.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020 0
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I successfully installed and updated Encore CS6, as part of an install of Production Premium CS6. Since John believed that CC could not be installed first, I tested that. I installed the CC desktop and then PR CC.

My version of CS6 was an upgrade from CS5.5, and I needed both the serial number for CS6 and CS5.5. I had the serial number for CS6, but did not immmediately have the serial number for CS5.5. I simply got it from my Adobe account (where is was registered many years ago).

There were always issues in a new install if you tried to open Encore before opening PR, since it needed the PR activation. So I opened PR CS6, then EN CS6. I ignored the "Quicktime not present" warning. It ran successfully. I then went back to PR CS6 and checked for updates under Help there. It used the Adobe Application Manager, and presented updates for ALL the Production Premium apps, including EN. The updates appeared to run successfully, specifically, EN updates to 6.0.2 which is the final version for PCs. However, PR should have updated to 6.05, and was still at 6.0.0.

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 1