Highlighted

Fresh Install of CS6 and CC 2020

Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm replacing my recently impaired laptop with a new one. I did a few searches, and found one response that suggests that installing CS6 from disks or download (with license number) on top of CC worked. Any definitive experiences? 

Do we know what happesn  currently if you install CS6 and then CC?

Stan

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Fresh Install of CS6 and CC 2020

Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm replacing my recently impaired laptop with a new one. I did a few searches, and found one response that suggests that installing CS6 from disks or download (with license number) on top of CC worked. Any definitive experiences? 

Do we know what happesn  currently if you install CS6 and then CC?

Stan

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>what happesn  currently if you install CS6 and then CC

As soon as you install any part of the Cloud, even a trial, it replaces your program management system
-if you plan to keep using CS6 (or earlier) you should NOT install a Cloud program, not even a trial
-Read Cloud takes over https://community.adobe.com/t5/Get-Started/Get-off-the-cloud/td-p/8075485 for some ideas

All of which means that if you must install CS6 and the Cloud, do CS6 first and then do program updates from inside the programs BEFORE you install Cloud programs and the original program manager is replaced

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Ann Bens LATEST
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dont think this is still relevant as CS6 is no longer supported by CC or Adobe for that matter.

I recently had to re-activate Encore with a serial number.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines