• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

From PrePro CC2018 to Blu Ray disc with closed captions

Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lots of chatter out there, mostly frustration.

What is the path of least resistance to make a BRD with closed captions from a project edited in Pre Pro CC2018?

Yes, I saw PP and the Media Encoder do not support Blu Ray closed caption.  I don't care if I go through Media Encoder or not.

Does it mean if I need to make a Blu Ray Disc with closed captions I simply should not edit in PP?   What should I use?

Adobe people, please chime in.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

The current issue with export of captions by PR/AME is irrelevant to Encore, since Encore requires a sidecar import, so no problem there as long as you find the format to import. When Encore was still active, there were no closed captions in PR. I'll have to test current PR Closed Caption export and see if it works!

The issue with current PR 2018 exports and Encore is unrelated to captions. It only affects H.264 Blu-ray format exports from PR/AME sometime after 2018.0.0. You can (in no particular

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current issue with export of captions by PR/AME is irrelevant to Encore, since Encore requires a sidecar import, so no problem there as long as you find the format to import. When Encore was still active, there were no closed captions in PR. I'll have to test current PR Closed Caption export and see if it works!

The issue with current PR 2018 exports and Encore is unrelated to captions. It only affects H.264 Blu-ray format exports from PR/AME sometime after 2018.0.0. You can (in no particular order):

Install PR and/or AME 2017 and use them to create the H.264 Blu-ray format export,

Use MPEG2 Blu-ray from PR 2018,

Export a regular H.264 (not H.264 Blu-ray) using higher bitrate to maintain maximum quality - and then let Encore re-transcode it,

Use a lossless intermediate from PR and let Encore transcode, or

Frameserve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, how to get Encore CS6 using a Cloud subscription https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2528377

-the menu option to see previous versions has changed (several times!) see message #18 for the latest

Also, forum for Encore Community: Encore | Adobe Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines