• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Full Screen Glitch

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I recently started having a problem with my version of Premiere Pro 2017 (I'm pretty sure it's just the 2017 version). So basically every time I create a new project and work on it for a long time and occasionally get up and walk away from the computer (after saving obviously) but for some reason every time I come back I see a full screen version of my timeline. I have a keystroke assigned to full screen my timeline (Ctr + B) yet I'm not the one pressing it. Additionally, clicking escape on my keyboard doesn't let me get out of it. I have to Ctr + Alt +Del about 3 times before it actually exits full screen and opens task manager. But this doesn't just happen randomly either, whenever I minimize Premiere and open it back up the screen will flash black and suddenly go full screen as well. Does it have to do with the amount of RAM I have? Possibly even my processor? These aren't the highest spec components obviously but I've never had this problem until recently. Any responses would be helpful, thanks!

Specs:

Operating System:

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

CPU:

Intel Core i5 4590 @ 3.30GHz

RAM:

8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz (10-10-10-30)

Motherboard:

ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. H81I-PLUS (SOCKET 1150)

Graphics:

2460G4 (1920x1080@60Hz)

2267W (1920x1080@60Hz)

3072MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (Gigabyte)

Storage:

223GB PNY CS1311 240GB SSD (SSD) [Project Drive]

111GB KINGSTON SV300S37A120G (SSD) [OS and Premiere installed here]

59GB M4-CT064M4SSD2 (SSD) [Proxy Files saved here]

931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-08WN4A0 (SATA) [Past Projects]

**Forgot to mention that when I work on a project with 300+ Clips Premiere will just crash suddenly. But I have a feeling that just has to do with my computer and not with the actual software**

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

I say its your RAM.. you have a decent CPU and SSD, but 8G of DDR3 is just too outdated in 2018..

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I say its your RAM.. you have a decent CPU and SSD, but 8G of DDR3 is just too outdated in 2018..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I was considering buying 16GB but I just wanted to make sure that the problem wasn't software not hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jonathon,

I have been experiencing the same issue since the 14 updates. It will randomly go full screen and no keystrokes will get it back to normal except Ctr + Alt +Del. Sometimes with PPro minimized, the video will come up full screen, then go away. First i thought it was because i also have a second monitor going, but lately i have it off and still does it once in awhile. When the it does go full screen when i have dual monitors, only the main screen does it. my mouse operation on second screen doesnt do anything. I also thought the updates would fix the issue, but it hasn't. 

WIN 10

I7-6900K @3.20GHz

Ram 32GB

GeForce GTX 1070 Driver 442.19

Premiere Pro V14.0.4

Inger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any new answer for this? I have i7 Kaby Lake, GeForce GTX 1080 and 64GB Ram. My system is on an M.2 SSD. My footage is on a seperate M.2 SSD and My  renders goes to a seperate SSD. I do not believe I have a problem with my system as After effects and Avid runs smoothly.  Whenever I minimize Premiere, It switches to full screen. I have to change between apps using alt+tab several times until it turns to normal. And while I do that, the aspect ratio of my mercury transmit changes on my secondary monitor. I am disabling and enabling the mercury transmit to fix that as well. This is really frustrating.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. 10900k, RTX 3090, 32GB ram, M.2 SSD. Switching between applications, either alt+tab, minimize button or minimizing via taskbar, all have made the preview window interrupt me by going fullscreen and I'm unable to click anything. alt+tabbing until it eventually gets out of it. I've used Premiere Pro a lot in the past and now the most current version has been doing this guranteed whenever I work in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here!

Whenever I minimize a few seconds later I get a full screen of my preview...

It really stops me from working with Premiere and I use Hitfilm.

So annoying!

AMD Ryzen 9 5950X

RAM 64GB

RTX 3090

Please FIX this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you aren't using a second monitor, uncheck the "Enable Mercury Transmit" box in playback preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 08, 2023 Oct 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just ran into this problem when opening an old Project.  Solved the problem by going to Preferences>Playback and looking at the box with "Mercury Transmit" checked.  In the box is the list of Monitors.  I use 3 monitors, and had checked 2 of the 3. By unchecking one of the 2 checked monitors, the full frame image now only appears (as it should) on my Broadcast Reference monitor.  I hope this helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines