• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Full screen playback, how to do it?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2016 Jul 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I make edits in Pr, can I play it back in Full Screen?  to see how it looks.  I can't get to play back in full screen.  Windows 8, Intel I5

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 30, 2016 Jul 30, 2016

Hover over Program monitor and hit ` (grave).

For full screen with no controls ctrl+`

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hover over Program monitor and hit ` (grave).

For full screen with no controls ctrl+`

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CTRL+` will do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 18, 2016 Aug 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alternately, connect a second monitor to your system then go into Preferences > Playback and designate that display as the "playback device" then it will provide full-time, full-screen output during editing and playback.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera

Safe Harbor Computers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my displays set at 1920 X 1080 in Windows 10 and I do not get a full playback screen on an second monitor.  Need some help....I know it is some little thing I'm not doing but the playback site in the upper right corner and fill maybe a third of the display?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you gone into Preferences/Playback and clicked "Enable Mercury Playback" and then clicked a monitor for the full-screen playback below that?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil,  I'm using CC 2017 and have the enable mercury transmit checked and a monitor selected "Adobe Monitor 3: 1920 X 1080"  Still can't get a full screen display

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows is set to "extend" the display, I presume ... huh.

How about a screen-grab of the Preferences/Playback dialog box ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preferences.png

And Yes, I am set to extend the screen display

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off the extended display option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had this issue with my new PC running Windows 10.  Premiere would not playback in my HDTV monitor because the video card decided to designate the HDTV monitor (specifically set up to be for playback) as "Display 1" and my smaller Asus monitor connected via DVI-D cable as "Display 2".  After changing the order of monitors in Windows display settings, by dragging #2 over to the #1 position, Premiere would not play in the HD playback monitor.  I kept searching for a way to swap the number designation, but it appeared to be cemented and unchangeable.  I could designate my HDTV monitor as main display and my ASUS as the playback and my sequence would appear full screen.  Of course, that's not what I wanted at all.

After playing around in all the PC's settings and googling solutions for about a half hour, the fix came.  I went into NVIDIA control panel and duplicated the setup I made in Windows display settings, dragging #2 into the #1 display position and applying.  Somehow, this aligned all settings and premiere's playback suddenly appeared in my HDTV monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good catch ... looking back, I'll bet I've forgotten to mention this to a few people I've replied to ... because I just naturally do it, I think. That is: when you set your monitor order in the OS, to also go into your GPU's control settings and make those monitor numbers the same as the OS.

PrPro frequently looks at the GPU's settings over the OS settings ... I think I've erred in forgetting to mention that.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all - I understand the solutions but is there a shortcut to turn FSP off on the second monitor you select in pref's? I don't want it to do this all the time - just when I'm reviewing, but I also don't want to go into prefs to turn it off and on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course. The Transmit Out has a keyboard shortcut you can set ... mine's Shift-C on all my rigs.

Keyboard shortcut dialog, type enable trans ... and the opton is "Enable Transmit".

Then in Prefs, just make sure the Edit/Preferences/Playback screen has the second monitor selected as the one for Enable Mercury Transmit in the box for that option.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil - I should have looked further on the forum, the answer was there but as usual you nailed it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How can I swtich between tools while in Full Screen playback mode? Like lets say I want to go from typing to moving?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines