• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Full Screen Program Monitor Problems

Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a three monitors setup that I use with premiere pro. Lately (not sure if it was caused by an update or something else) my wide screen 34" monitor that I use to output the program video in full screen is acting srange. It displays the video on the bottom left corneer of the screen, see attached image.  Ressetting preferences in premiere would solve the problem for few seconds before it starts again.  Any idea what is causing the problem. Thanks

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Kens10 

This may be of help. https://larryjordan.com/articles/adobe-premiere-pro-cc-use-2-monitors/

Let us know how you go.

Best

mj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing I can think of is that you have to choose the correct computer screen for the progam monitor output. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I do have the right screen selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have that monitor set for any scaling within Windows? I know 100%, 150%, and 200% have normally been workable but any other scaling is problematic.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My widescreen has always been at 100%. My other two screens since they are 4k I have them at 175%. In the past I did not have any problems with these settings getting a full program out to my widescreen. It is working now after a reboot and hope it will continue to work as it has been an intermittent issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I have had the right settings in playback preferences. I just got it to work again after rebooting but it seems to be an intermittent problem. Will update the post if it stops working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe Windows 11 will fix it. I myself will not make the switch to Windows 11 until I build a new PC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe support reset my prefences, worked for a minute and the problem started again. What I have found out if I cancel my second monitor by switching the editing modes on top, say from Editing which is stup on three monitors to color or effects which is setup on two monitors (with full screen program out on second monitor) everything works fine. The problem only starts when it's a three monitor mode/setup. 

In the past my three screen setup has always worked fine in premiere. Not sure what changed lately from premiere pro updates that produced this bug. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frustrating trying to sort this stuff out at times. I'm working typically with three monitors with one in Transmit Out mode. Occasionally I have a fourth monitor involved. And never have any troubles.

What the heck is happening on your system? Sheepers.

I do wish they had the program capable of recognizing monitors, and we could enlarge windows on secondary monitors. Sigh.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's good to know that it's working fine on your three monitor setup. I always try to keep my system up to dae including premiere pro, nvidia and windows, not sure what's caused the hickup.  Support does not seem to know a solution either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What a freaking pain! Yowza. Out of ideas here though.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines