FX-9 & Premiere Pro Proxies

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having issues attaching the camera proxies from an FX9 to the full res media in Premiere. I'm working off Premiere CC 13.1.

I get the "proxy media and full resolution media must have matching audio channels" error. I see that the MXF's have 8 mono channels, and the mp4 proxies have 1 stereo channel, but even if i change the MFX's audio channels in Premiere, I still get the same error. 

Is there a way to attach the proxies that I already have, or must I create all new proxies in Premiere/Media Encoder? 

TOPICS
How to

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here on the FX6. Not even that you have to rename all the proxies to be able to attach them, there´s still the "audio channels must match" problem...

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Always create proxies in Premiere Pro, using the ProRes proxies default presets.
The latest updates make sure that the audio channels always match.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many professional cameras generate proxies in-camera and are an integral cost-cutting measure in a television workflow.  If "create them in Premiere Pro" is the solution, then no wonder so many post houses refuse to give up AVID.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry Ann, but this isnt a fix. That is how you create proxies yes, but I want to use the proxies already created in camera. This is frustrating because my workflow is slowed down tremendiously wasting many hours of an editors time.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines