Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gaussian Blur is not following my keyed frames

Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Everyone,

Ok so here is my problem, I'm trying to get my Gaussian blur to stayed blurred for a certain amount of time before it starts clearing up. The problem I am having is even though I have set my key frames the blur is starting to clear up immediately and by the time it reaches my frame where it should start clearing its already fully cleared. Anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening? Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Ok so I figured it out, the clip I was using just wasn't happy with keyed frames so I created an adjustment layer and applied the blur onto that and it works perfectly!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sounds like you have to add another key frame where the blur is still full.

for example, keyframe 1 is fully blurred... now go down a ways to where you really want the blur to start clearing and put another key frame of it being FULLY blurred.  Then go down to where you want it clear and put your keyframe for fully cleared.

You can make slight adjustments use Bezier, ease in, ease out, etc. but the main thing is to add that new keyframe. Otherwise it doesn't know where to start going clear and starts doing it immediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is I've already done that. I have 3 key frames, 1 at the beginning set to 100 for blur, 1 about 3/4s of the way through the clip set to 100 for blur, and 1 at the end set to 0 for blur. As soon as the video begins the blur begins to fade and at about halfway it becomes clear, even before it has reached my second key frame. Thank you for your answer though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I ran into a similar issue, and using an adjustment layer helped big time. However, and this isn't specifically directed to any of the users here, I'd still like to know why this is an issue in the first place. Why can't the keyframes simply work on effect in the clip itself?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's weird. maybe the 2nd keyframe is messed up. maybe the program thinks it's not the 2nd keyframe. I would probably just start over and make sure I make the keyframes in right order. Like, delete the 2nd and 3rd. Then make sure blur is set to 100 and make second, then make 3rd (also initially set to 100, but after it is made dial it down to 0 ).  See if that fixes . Otherwise I'm baffled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so I figured it out, the clip I was using just wasn't happy with keyed frames so I created an adjustment layer and applied the blur onto that and it works perfectly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unchecking "Composite in linear color" in the sequence setting may fix this issue, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good going !  As inspector Clouseau would say, " Problem Solv ED "  Might as well mark your solution (yourself) as "correct answer" so it gets a check mark and others can use it throughout time to solve similar problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines