• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gear 360 footage appears green in Premiere

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, so I am having an issue. I shot footage with the new Gear 360 vr camera. Stitched with Action Director, and then imported into Adobe Premiere to edit but all that I import is appearing as green screen. There is audio but no video.

Can someone help me please?

Thanks

Kevin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On another note. Other videos do work in premiere. The only ones that appear green in preview are from the gear 360 stitched footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same issue here. The raw unstitched footage plays, but after action director stitches it all the footage becomes green.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I had same problem. It looks like when you pull in footage stitched by the Samsung Action Director software, Premiere thinks the framerate is 0 fps?

I managed to get around this by using Handbrake (https://handbrake.fr/) basically just to convert the Samsung mp4 into... another mp4.

No idea but I can see the footage clearly in Premiere now. No idea why this happens - maybe someone else can provide an answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, thanks for sharing. Re-compressing works, but such a shame to add another level of compression. I know it's not a pro camera, but the ActionDirector software could offer so many more options, like compression settings. Hoping for a solution here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry for the inconvenience. We have a new update for Premiere Pro, CC(12.0). Please update & check if issue persists.

Thanks,

Vidya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vidya,

I'm having the same issue with green screen import and it was not resolved with the new premiere pro version. One important thing to notice is that, in the new version, whenever I import a stitched footage it now gives me the following error message:

Sem título.jpg

That can be part of the reason for the green footage error. Either way, there is no encoding options in Samsung Action Director and it is still the best software workflow for 360 stitching that I was able to find.

Is it not possible for Adobe team to work with Samsung in developing a compatibility workaround? Or maybe Adobe developing its own stitching software

Thank you so much for your time and support. Although I read so much here, I think this is my first time writing in Adobe Forums!

Cheers,

Bruno Lilienthal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the problem, when I updated premiere to the latest version, it is not recognizing the 360 footage. It did before and all those videos were recognized, now they are green.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fix/workaround seemed to do the trick to get the files into premeire.  IHow to fix The File has No Audio or Video Streams error in Premiere with Gear 360 Actiondirector - ...  
It appears to be a metadata issue.  wish Premeire would just work!  What a pain!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Misery loves company. At least I am not alone. Ditto here. Stitched in Director, but green on Premiere timeline. Since I am not alone I will remove my Gear 360 from Craig's List, lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick question: For those of you who also have After Effects, are you also getting the green footage or error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

work around doesn't work on mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, same issue.

But I am getting a yellow warning that 32 bits quicktime support will end ...

thx

Marc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No the udpate doesn't do anything better..

MP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Green in AE as well. I assume it is a codec, but ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing the same issue with green preview thumbnail, unplayable footage within Premiere. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, same here. I get a Green screen only on premiere pro, after stitching in action director, no audio.
no solution... very frustrating.

and yes I have CC and running latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the exact same issue as reported for the last four months here. Again, Adobe, no solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still waiting Adobe!!! What's the deal?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, don't have a green screen but it doesn't play and it freezes when i import or edit it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

KevinZ,

Action Director seems to be the common denominator. Can you please try another brand of software for stitching the video?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I "produce" (re export) the Stitched version of video as an MP4 again out of Action Director and re-import to Premiere it works.

Very slow workaround and loss of quality is annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The workaround by behnazc89179694 actually works. I couldn't follow his train of thought when reading, so to make sure:

At the bottom right of Action Director there is the Produce button. When you have stitched a movie, import in onto the timeline. You don't have to tweak or anything, just hit Produce and the rendered video will work perfectly in Adobe CC.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The workaround by behnazc89179694 actually works. Thanks!

I couldn't follow his train of thought when reading, so to make sure:

At the bottom right of Action Director there is the Produce button. When you have stitched a movie, import in onto the timeline. You don't have to tweak or anything, just hit Produce and the rendered video will work perfectly in Adobe CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Was having a similar problem with the ONE R 360 Mp4 files while importing to CS6. Seems CS6 needs a aspect ratio thats Pro Res compatible (divisible by 16) in order to import the footage. After recompressing to a prores format using Insta360 studio footage was visible and no green screen. If anyone has better advice or knows the nuts and bolts of this I'd love to hear why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines