I am running Mac OS 10.13.6High Sierra

On a mid 2012 Mac Pro 5.1 

2 x 2.4 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon

I have an Nvidia Geforce 1060 installed

Running the latest driver for my build 17G7024

CUDA version 418.163 installed

I have no problem accessing Cuda Rendering in Premier pro creative cloud 2019

I have downloaded Premier pro 14.3

I have tried everything to get it to see the CUDA GPU in the playback and render field as I’m  trying to access GPU Accelerated exports.

Any ideas or is my system incompatible ?

Tearing my hair out 

Thanks

Eamonn

Topics

Anywhere, Export, Hardware or GPU, How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Geforce 1060 card still not showing CUDA in 14.3

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys

I am running Mac OS 10.13.6High Sierra

On a mid 2012 Mac Pro 5.1 

2 x 2.4 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon

I have an Nvidia Geforce 1060 installed

Running the latest driver for my build 17G7024

CUDA version 418.163 installed

I have no problem accessing Cuda Rendering in Premier pro creative cloud 2019

I have downloaded Premier pro 14.3

I have tried everything to get it to see the CUDA GPU in the playback and render field as I’m  trying to access GPU Accelerated exports.

Any ideas or is my system incompatible ?

Tearing my hair out 

Thanks

Eamonn

Topics

Anywhere, Export, Hardware or GPU, How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 18, 2020 1
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very sorry to tell you this, but Apple now no longer supports CUDA at all in OSX releases beginning with Mojave (10.14). Accordingly, beginning with Premiere Pro 14, the Mac version now no longer supports CUDA at all. Only Metal, and (in depreciated status) OpenCL. And to top it off, Nvidia is now no longer offering updated drivers at all for OSX because Apple is now no longer supporting Nvidia GPUs in its newer OSX releases.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2020 2
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eamonn,

We're sorry about this. Starting with Premiere Pro 14.0, CUDA is no longer supported. If you have an Apple-supplied NVIDIA GPU, you can use the Metal Renderer. For more information, see Changes to GPU and DV/HDV support in Premiere Pro on macOS.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2020 1
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To answer Sumeet's suggestion:

That will not help you at all. If you have an Nvidia GPU that Apple neither supports nor includes at all in its systems, then you will NOT have any hardware acceleration at all whatsoever. In fact, you will be PERMANENTLY stuck in software-only mode.

And all this is because Apple has never officially supported, nor sold any of its systems with, any Nvidia GPU newer than Kepler. The GTX 1060 was introduced a couple of years after Apple had ditched Nvidia (for the last time, to date) in favor of AMD for its included GPUs.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2020 1