• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Geforce GTX880M: Unsupported video driver

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Premiere Pro 14.4 on my MSI GT72 2 PE Dominator Pro laptop. I received the message that I need to update my driver. I updated to the lastest available, restarted and got the same message. I downloaded the Game Ready Driver. I went to look for a Studio Driver and it does not exist for my graphics card. Can I use the program fine anyway, how can I get the right driver..?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Hardware or GPU , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Sorry, but that GTX 880M is now obsolete. It is a first-gen Kepler mobile part whose support has been completely EOL'd last year. The very last driver version for that GPU, version 425.31, was released in April of last year. And beginning with Premiere Pro 14.3.2, driver version 451.77 or higher (and it must be the Studio Driver (which would have been completely incompatible with your GPU even if it were a version in your supported range}, not the Game Ready Driver) in order to even use GPU acce

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but that GTX 880M is now obsolete. It is a first-gen Kepler mobile part whose support has been completely EOL'd last year. The very last driver version for that GPU, version 425.31, was released in April of last year. And beginning with Premiere Pro 14.3.2, driver version 451.77 or higher (and it must be the Studio Driver (which would have been completely incompatible with your GPU even if it were a version in your supported range}, not the Game Ready Driver) in order to even use GPU acceleration at all. 

That said, you may contine to use your system despite the warning, but you will have to effectively limp along with software-only rendering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I forgot to mention that it was sad to see that Nvidia had continued to recycle old-generation chips for its low-end and mobile GPUs well into the GeForce 900M-series era. Nvidia continues to recycle older-generation chips for its MX-series GPUs today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines