• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GeForce MX250: Unsupported Video Driver

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey. I've installed Premiere Pro Recently and when I tried to run it after installation, This was the error I got.

59DA8046-FB8C-45BA-84A5-E7AFC1F7DE07.jpeg
I have NVIDIA Control Panel Pre Installed and I followed the instructions it has given me when I hit "fix". It redirected me to download the studio drivers for my gpu. But there were no studio drivers available for MX250. I tried installing it on someone else's laptop which also has MX250 and it started up perfectly without any issues. Please help me out with this. Thanks in Advance.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

There is no hope. Since version 14.3.2, Premiere Pro will now require Studio drivers (which are, unfortunately, incompatible with any non-GTX or non-Titan or non-RTX GPU or with any GPU older than the Pascal-based GTX 10 series) and full 10-bit OpenGL output capability in order to even run properly. Even with a supported GPU, the Game Ready drivers will lock the output to only 8-bit output through OpenGL. And in newer versions of Premiere Pro, this will disable all hardware acceleration and you'

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi anoops952,

Sorry to hear about this. Please try installing the latest version of NVIDIA driver (v251.67) and check if it's working properly. Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Sumeet 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi anoops952, 

Did you try the recommendation from Sumeet? Did it work? I am about to go through the same situation. My graphics card is also NVIDIA MX250. I would like to use Premiere Pro on my laptop for video edit. 

Awaiting for your response. 

Thanks,

Ezekiel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I also have the same problem but it only came up the last few days. I've had the same laptop for a year with the MX250 and I've had premier pro for about nearly 3 months and had no problem. I have no idea why this problem is only coming up now. There are no studio drivers for the MX250 and this problem is seriously affecting the quality of the videos.

I have downloaded and installed the latest Geforce game ready driver https://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/driverResults.aspx/163796/en-uk but it is still not compatible, and there are no other options in terms of drivers for this graphics card. Can you please provide a solution. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sumeet, 

I downloaded the driver that you sent but it doesnt work. I just purchased this new laptop. Could you help me please? My driver is also GE Force MX250.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The driver version Sumeet linked to is the latest (as of 17 July 2020) Game Ready Driver, which is the one you want. There are absolutely no Studio Drivers at all whatsoever for any of the MX-series GPUs because the Studio Drivers require 128-bit or better memory in order to be compatible with non-Quadro GPUs. All of the MX-series GPUs have only 64-bit memory (and in the case of the MX250, it is based on the very same GP108 GPU as the GeForce GT 1030).

And even if the driver is compatible with Premiere Pro, be advised that you will not be able to use hardware H.264 or HEVC encoding using the Nvidia NVENC codec as all of the MX-series GPUs have either a missing or disabled NVENC encoder. And depending on the CPU that's installed in that laptop, if the "Hardware encoding" is present at all in the Export settings, it will use only the Intel QuickSync codec (or if that laptop has an AMD CPU installed, the encoding selection will be grayed out, permanently locking it to the software encoding mode).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Game Ready Driver still is not compatible with Premier Pro 2020. I tried installing it and it still comes up with the same message. Does this mean there is no hope for us that has a pretty much brand new laptop with the MX250 graphics card but cannot use premier pro properly? It was actually working fine a few days ago but for some reason it only stopped working properly since 2 days ago..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no hope. Since version 14.3.2, Premiere Pro will now require Studio drivers (which are, unfortunately, incompatible with any non-GTX or non-Titan or non-RTX GPU or with any GPU older than the Pascal-based GTX 10 series) and full 10-bit OpenGL output capability in order to even run properly. Even with a supported GPU, the Game Ready drivers will lock the output to only 8-bit output through OpenGL. And in newer versions of Premiere Pro, this will disable all hardware acceleration and you'll be permanently locked to software-only rendering and software-only encoding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So adobe basically has rendered the computers of everyone who are unable to get a studio driver and those with the graphics card you've mentioned useless? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am also facing the same issue. Did you solve it yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not only that, but none of the MX series GPUs have a hardware NVENC encoder at all. Thus, the GPU will never be utilized at all in any video editing program for encodes and exports. Only the CPU (aka software only) will be used if you have such a low-end GPU installed. And this is all because of the limitations and restrictions of the hardware itself. Adobe has very little, if anything, to do whatsoever with these limitations.

In other words, the MX250 is pretty much useless for video editing - period. Regardless of the software used.

And DaVinci Resolve is even worse, in this case: It requires (relatively speaking) a high-end, pricey and monster GPU just to function well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will purchasing a new graphics card for my Dell computer resolve this issue?   If so, is there a recommendation of a different graphics card?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on your computer. If your system is a laptop with such a GPU, then you cannot upgrade the GPU at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had the same problem with my laptop. I then updated Adobe Premiere to the newest version (14.4) via the creative cloud app and now there seems to be no compatibilty issues. I hope this works for you too! Greetings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind, the error message appeared again... This is really upsetting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the anser to roll back the Adobe install to a previous version?

This is very frustating!  I too bought a new computer because Adobe Premiere was giving me a similar error on an HP laptop from 2012.  Now less than 10 months later the new computer is "out of date" and "old" for Adobe Premiere Pro use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do so before this November. Moving forward, all future versions of Premiere Pro will now require workstation-capable discrete GPS in order to even run properly. Unfortunately, none of the low-end discrete GPUs such as the MX250 qualify because they do not support 10-bit output via the OpenGL API. They are restricted in hardware to 8-bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any thoughts on whether Adobe Premiere Elements will have the same problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Premiere Elements does not utilize the GPU much, if at all,  no matter what. In fact, it does not use the same rendering engine as Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Premiere Pro is safe to roll back to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have an Intel CPU and the MX250, and both the integrated Intel UHD Graphics and the discrete GPU are enabled, then you must roll back to the 14.04 or 14.1 version to regain hardware encoding (albeit using the Intel graphics for those tasks), and then letting the MX250 handle CUDA rendering. But do so before this coming November, as these compatible versions will no longer be available at all when the next major version of Premiere Pro is released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the info. I thought this worked because the first time i opened Premiere it worked. The second time i got the same error message as the person above. Is there a fix for this? I tried both versions and they seem to work so i think its fixed but the message is still there... is this just a bug or does it not support still?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, will an external GPU sort this? Any recommendations? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re-phrasing what I had stated:

It turned out that there is currently no Premiere Pro 2021 (version 15.0). The latest currently available version, version 14.6, is just a refresh of the current 2020 version (version 14.0). Since version 14.5, NVDEC hardware decoding support has been added. NVDEC is selected as the default hardware decoder in the two newest official versions of Premiere Pro. Unfortunately, the version of the GP108 chip that the MX250 uses has its NVDEC hardware decoder disabled at chip manufacture (the desktop GT 1030 has NVDEC enabled), so if NVDEC is selected, then the entire system will default to software-only decoding unless one changes the Media setting hardware decoding checkbox from Nvidia to Intel (which requires a restart of Premiere Pro).

And the GP108 chip that the MX250 uses never had an NVENC hardware encoder at all. It is completely absent within the chip itself.

As such, in terms of GPU-accelerated rendering performance (solely by the CUDA implementation in the GP108 chip), the MX250 is barely any faster than the latest integrated Intel graphics to justify the chip cost to the laptop manufacturers. (As in, these MX250 chips actually cost the laptop manufacturers much more money than is justified by the performance increase over integrated graphics.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines