Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GeForce RTX 3070, or 2060?

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm about to buy a new laptop.

Is there anyone here that has graphic cards GeForce RTX 2060, or GeForce RTX 3070 Max-P?

How is the performance of Premiere Pro on it? Which one should I go for? Thanks.

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Both will work just fine but the RTX 3070 would be better for 8 cores and above.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both will work just fine but the RTX 3070 would be better for 8 cores and above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right; 8 cores with the RTX3070 should work better than 6 cores of RTX2060. 

I've read some bad reviews about some graphic cards with "Max" in it. Also there aren't many tests I think with the 3000-series out there, not one Notebookcheck at least.

Is there anyone that has RTX3070 or tested it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saddly I havn't gotten my hands on a RTX 3000 series card yet but I do have a 2070 Max-Q and am happy with it in my laptop. If you end up with a Nvidia card I strongly recommend you look into installing the Nvidia Creator Driver for your specific Graphics processor.

I initially ran on the gaming drivers and it worked great initially but then started encountering thermal and stability issues including glitching screens with newer driver releases. After switching to the Nvidia Creator Driver, the issues went away, though it does seem to run slightly more conservatively, speed wise. Plus, now my temps are topping out around 70C vs 80C +. Makes a difference if your trying to not fry your hands on the keyboard or fan output.

Not a bad thing when it is crunching 1080 HD and 4K video for many hours day after day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ads12345,

I see this is an old post but you need matched system. Buying a RTX 3090 would be a waste of money if you have a Quad Core CPU. The CPU would be at 100% usage while the GPU is at 10%.  Buying a GTX 1050 would be useless if you have an 8 core CPU because the GPU would be at 100% usage while the CPU is at 20%. You can find the weakest link by running Windows Task Manager as seen in the video below. For example there is no reason to go from 64 GB of RAM to 128 GB of RAM if your RAM usage is only at 30%. You might find some RTX 3070 and RTX 3060 videos with Premiere Pro on YouTube. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L-erwmRxAU

This video demonstrates how to enable GPU acceleration and GPU encoding and decoding. It also shows how to enable Intel's Quick Sync. Resolve https://amzn.to/3NcL1zP Adobe CC 1 year https://amzn.to/3Da0qMN All links are monetized.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tons of issues experiences with the 2060 on a Heliuos 300 Predator Intel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a notebook with RTX 3070, 4k edit with H265 Dlog-M file (10 bits) from Mavic 2 Pro and the preview runs smooth in Premiere, and I don't need a proxi.

Going from 3070!!!
Below is the profile of my notebook:

Avell C65 MOB
Windows 10
NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 3070 (8GB GDDR6)
Intel® Core™ i7-11800H
32GB [2x 16GB - Dual Channel] Memória DDR4 (3200 MHZ)
[ SLOT I ] : SSD M.2 NVME Samsung 980 Pro 1TB 7000 MB/s (Gen4x4)
[ SLOT II ] : SSD M.2 NVME ADATA XPG SX8100 1TB 3.500MB/s (Gen3x4)
TELA (LCD): 17.3" QHD LCD 2560x1440p / 165Hz / WVA / Matte / sRGB: 100%
BATERIA: 6 células / 7900mAh
TECLADO: Teclado Membrana – Retro iluminação em RGB
Sound Blaster Cinema 6
Chassi: Liga de Magnésio
Espessura 2 cm
Peso 2,3 Kg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely 3070 will be better and so it is clear. And now tell me about the price, why overpay 4 times more if 2060 will take most of the projects without complex visualization? RTS cards are very very expensive and it is not clear for whom they do such things. The maps are changed at most every three years to maintain good performance in the schedule. But, compared to the RTX 20 series, it is very much not commensurate in pricing policy. And then how much will the next generation RX 4000 cost? Half a used car? The ravings of a madman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Baffy19,

I see this is an old post but I think we agree. I think you are implying that buying a RTX 3090 would be a waste of money if you have a Quad Core CPU. The CPU would be at 100% usage while the GPU is at 10%.  Buying a GTX 1050 would be useless if you have an 8 core CPU because the GPU would be at 100% usage while the CPU is at 20%. For example there is no reason to go from 64 GB of RAM to 128 GB of RAM if your RAM usage is only at 30%. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines