GeForce RTX 3070, or 2060?

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm about to buy a new laptop.

Is there anyone here that has graphic cards GeForce RTX 2060, or GeForce RTX 3070 Max-P?

How is the performance of Premiere Pro on it? Which one should I go for? Thanks.

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021
Both will work just fine but the RTX 3070 would be better for 8 cores and above.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both will work just fine but the RTX 3070 would be better for 8 cores and above.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right; 8 cores with the RTX3070 should work better than 6 cores of RTX2060. 

I've read some bad reviews about some graphic cards with "Max" in it. Also there aren't many tests I think with the 3000-series out there, not one Notebookcheck at least.

Is there anyone that has RTX3070 or tested it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saddly I havn't gotten my hands on a RTX 3000 series card yet but I do have a 2070 Max-Q and am happy with it in my laptop. If you end up with a Nvidia card I strongly recommend you look into installing the Nvidia Creator Driver for your specific Graphics processor.

I initially ran on the gaming drivers and it worked great initially but then started encountering thermal and stability issues including glitching screens with newer driver releases. After switching to the Nvidia Creator Driver, the issues went away, though it does seem to run slightly more conservatively, speed wise. Plus, now my temps are topping out around 70C vs 80C +. Makes a difference if your trying to not fry your hands on the keyboard or fan output.

Not a bad thing when it is crunching 1080 HD and 4K video for many hours day after day.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tons of issues experiences with the 2060 on a Heliuos 300 Predator Intel.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines