Highlighted

Generate Audio Waveform not working

Participant ,
Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frequently the audio waveforms on my clips do not show so, I go to: Clip > Generate Audio Waveform

Unfortunately, nothing happens.

For example, I just created a New Sequence from a Multicam Source and the audio in A1 has no waveforms. I know that I can Render the Audio, which will produce the waveforms, but even that does not guarantee the waveforms won't disappear later. I am just wondering what is the purpose of the "Generate Audio Waveform" since it does nothing (not even an error message).

Cheers,

Michael J Titera

Adobe Premiere Pro CC

Version 13.0 (Build 255)

Windows 10 Pro

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Generate Audio Waveform not working

Participant ,
Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frequently the audio waveforms on my clips do not show so, I go to: Clip > Generate Audio Waveform

Unfortunately, nothing happens.

For example, I just created a New Sequence from a Multicam Source and the audio in A1 has no waveforms. I know that I can Render the Audio, which will produce the waveforms, but even that does not guarantee the waveforms won't disappear later. I am just wondering what is the purpose of the "Generate Audio Waveform" since it does nothing (not even an error message).

Cheers,

Michael J Titera

Adobe Premiere Pro CC

Version 13.0 (Build 255)

Windows 10 Pro

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 26, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about a screen-grab of your screen with the audio waveforms missing?

Drag/drop the png file into your reply ... it would help to see your sequence area, including the header/control block on the left side.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2018 0
Participant ,
Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help. Please let me know if you need any other information to resolve this Audio Waveform issue:

No Audo Wave Form.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost 2 years later and they still haven't solved this problem. What the hey, Adobe?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 24, 2020 0
May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not that common and most of the time there's a local issue. What's the media involved, how did you import that into Premiere (and yes, this matters) ... and have you dumped the cache files so that Premiere will rebuild them? If not, I'd suggest doing that immediately.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens on literally every project I use Multicam clips in. At least one of them will randomly lose their waveforms and there is no way to get them back. the only solution which occasionally works is to dump the cache and let it rebuild. Then, a day or two later, another multicam will lose its waveforms. I just went to log a bug report and found one that's been sitting there since 2017 with multiple supporting comments and zero response from Adobe.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 1
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's (compared to the user base) a relatively small bug ... and they've had bigger fish to fry so to speak, sadly enough for those having toubles with this.

They've worked hard to knock off tons of long-lasting bugs, Patrick Palmer completely rebuilt the team when he took over a couple years back, bringing in Ivo Manalov to head bug-busting/stability. I'll give them credit for that.

Which leaves them with the many small bugs with only a few user with issues they can't repro in-house, which is why they also started the public beta program, to get the testing on more machines.

You went to the UserVoice system and checked on this ... please!!! ... go copy the link to that, and post it back in this thread so myself and others can go upvote it.

All posts/votes are seen by at least one engineer, and all posts/votes are collated and sent to the upper managers who decide budgets ... and they live by metrics. U-V is one of their biggest metrics. Let's give them some.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 28, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you like me to start a new post on UserVoice or copy/paste the links of all the posts I just upvoted? A quick search of "waveform" over there turned up at least 6 on the first page that touch on this issue from one angle or another, going back to 2018.

This is what I'm facing:

Pre-Cache Wipe:

Post-Cache WipePost-Cache Wipe

Post-Cache Wipe

Pre-Cache WipePre-Cache Wipe

And sometimes, if I'm really lucky, a thin red line appears with no explanation.

And sometimes, if I'm really lucky, a thin red line appears with no explanation.And sometimes, if I'm really lucky, a thin red line appears with no explanation.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 28, 2020 0
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe Jason is correct. Happens fairly regularly and scattered about when using multi-cam clips.

I can get most back by rendering audio also, but the next boot they are gone.

MyerPj_0-1595964763152.png

Post the UserVoice link here so we can upvote it, though I probably have...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 28, 2020 1
MyerPj LATEST
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there is one (or more) specific enough that already has votes, then that would be good. Start another if they are not describing the issue we see. I know for sure it was doing it with 2019, and I think 2018 also.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 28, 2020 1