Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

generate Subtitel for 3000 minutes ?

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey , 

is there a way to generat subtitel automatically for mutiple languages (17) 

(like .srt)

The Problem: we are talkin in total about 3000 minutes. 

And we only have 4 Days to finish. 

Is there a way to acomplish this task? 

Is there any AI service that would help with this? 

thanxs 

Peter 

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never done this, but here are my comments.

Does that include transcription of the actual audio (in only one language?), or do you alrady have a transcript in the first language?

Best option is to hire a service to do it. There are several on line with reviews.

If you have one language, consider using SubtitleEdit (free). Import the srt and tranlate as needed. It supports numerous languages.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stan, 

Does that include transcription of the actual audio (in only one language?), or do you alrady have a transcript in the first language?

We will generate a transcript in englisch first. This script will be send to the countries to make the translation in their language. 

And because only they know the specifics of the technique that is talked about.

Best option is to hire a service to do it.

The first translation/transcribe will be done by a serrvice.

There are several on line with reviews.

Yes but they need more time and they cna´t do the translation, it has to be done by the service personal. 

If you have one language, consider using SubtitleEdit (free).

ok I will give it a shot 

Import the srt and tranlate as needed. It supports numerous languages.

Is it able to share to a group of people? 

thanxs Peter 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The devil is in the details, and I have never done a project like this. I ignored in the first response what the final output will be: burned in? embedded as closed captions? or sidecars that are selectable? The is important for any issues with fonts/language characters.

This script will be send to the countries to make the translation in their language. 

And because only they know the specifics of the technique that is talked about.

So forget the auto-translation. This will be simpler and higher quality.

If you start with an initial srt in English that is timed, the question is what is the easiest way to create translation srts. If the translation personnel are good technically, I'd be tempted to let them edit an srt (text editor). I would not use PR, in part to avoid problems that occur if you "duplicate" a caption stream inside PR. (You can avoid that copying/renaming outside PR and import individual files for each language.) PR is also limited on style support for srt's.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines