Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generate zebra bars in Premiere?

Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aloha all!
I'm working on a video that illustrates how to evaluate exposure in a camera. I want to show examples of using histogram, zebra bars, waveform monitor, and false colors. For consistency's sake, I want to "fake" the content in Premiere, rather than gathering multiple cameras and/or monitors. The histogram and waveform monitor are built in to Lumetri scopes. I've got a LUT to emulate false colors.
How do I get Premiere to generate Zebra bars? Preferably monochrome ones, but I'll take what I can get. I know that in earlier versions, you could have "danger bars" as an overexposure warning, but I can't even find those anymore! (I'm using Version 14.2, or CC 2020).
Mahalo!
TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know of any way to get 'zebra' in PrPro.

I'm wondering if it might be possible in AfterEffects. As almost everything is possible in Ae.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I'm sure it's possible, but not being a proficient AE user, it seems like the hard way around.

My current train of thought involves drawing a diagonal stripe pattern in Illustrator or Photoshop, and trying various forms of key effect. Luma key seems like the obvious choice...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could make a graphic of some stripes on V1 and add a luma key to your footage on V2. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm working on a proof of concept for that, but it's not so straightforward. Plus, zebras are animated, so that adds a level of involvement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines