• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generated Audio Artifact Glitch when Editing Multicam sequences

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I experienced a strange bug when editing a multicam sequence - This was a podcast with 3 different outros for distribution on different platforms, so i completed the multicam edit and then nested the sequence into 3 separate sequences so i could attach the correct ending to each one.

After i'd made a cut in this nested multicam sequence, that when i played it back, there would be a strange audio artifact of one of the guys voice's for a frame or so. At first i though it was a frame of leftover audio, but after trimming it again and again, it was still there.  This then happened at numerous other cuts throughout my timeline.

At first i thought it was just appearing in the playback on my machine as the appearance of the glitch seemed inconsistent, but after rendering it out the artifacts were there on every cut - Transitions like cross dissolves didn't help fix this either, nor did rendering audio on the sequence - the glitch isn't visable on the waveforms, and i wouldn't mind so much if it was just in playback, but when it renders it out too, that leads me to believe that premiere is actually generating an audio artifact from somewhere.

WORKAROUND:

For this specific project, i used the original audio track from the multicam sequence to cover the cuts which seemed to work. Not ideal however, as i had to track down the audio for every audio cut in a substantially long podcast which took a bit of time

If anyone's experienced this before or similar audio glitches when nested/re-nesting, any fixes or workarounds for future reference are appreciated

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2019 Oct 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share why you think this would be helpful? Does it specifically address how to hunt down an audio artifact being inserted by the software during playback but which is not included in the media itself?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me today, and it's supremely frustrating. I have a long video that I've color corrected with an adjustment layer and then nested and included in a different sequence. In that sequence I've cut up the nested sequence, and at every cut point there's a frame of audio from somewhere previous in the clip. Earlier today it was a different piece, and I've done what you described - chopping frames out of the front of the clip until the artifact appears on top of the actual audio. It's always there, and it reappears on every cut. There's also a strange lag that I haven't encountered before. When I press enter, it's a second or more before the track starts playing. I've restarted Premiere, and I have tons of resources available on my machine - it's behaving like it's under load, but there's no load.

I don't have a solution for you, but I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meh. I made a video but didn't record audio, and I can't seem to delete posts from here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok - Good news. I was able to fix it by going into the nested clip and removing the audio type designation (Dialogue) from the audio clips. The nested clip no longer has the wonk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my goodness. Thank you so much! I cannot tell you how long I've been fighting this problem, but only with this current project realized it was only when using cuts from nested sequences, so my previous searches far and wide in every forum brought me zero answers. Thank you everyone who posted in here and figured this out. I have definitely come to rely on Essential Audio for quick audio improvements, and hope they figure out how to fix it at some point. But for now, thank you, thank you, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further experimentation shows that the Essential Audio functionality is rather broken. Any change to clips with that feature applied, even just cutting them, results in the settings changing radically while reporting that they are still the same. I've had audio levels rise and fall, reverb change, and other nastiness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the sound artifact at cut points, somebody in another post suggested it was the EQ, and I tested and it does seem to only be this option when used in Essential Sound that was causing this.

For a while I wasn't spotting it, because my audio always had silence at the start. So, it was just pulling in a slice of that silence, which when cutting interview dialogue it wasn't too noticable, unless I made a several cuts close together.

Moral to the story, I'll do my audio clean up in Audition and avoid the Essential Sound in Premiere until they fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for following through with this and posting the problem-causer and fix.

If you could please post this over on the UserVoice system ... that goes directly to both the engineer's systems  and to the upper managers who use metrics to decide budgets & such. This forum is primarily user-to-user. So that's far more effective to get something up to the engineers.

Neil

Adobe UserVoice Bug /Feature form: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BRILLIANT solution, billyi48935363 - well spotted.

I had problems with multicams when rendering - it was like sometimes an audio glitch, sometimes a half second of early leading audio which shouldn't have been there.

Now I just flatten all the multicams at the last minute, and voila - problem solved.

I'm using a PC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been having this issue for the past few weeks on a podcast I work on and finally was able to narrow it down to the essential sound panel. I just copy the effects from the preset, clear the audio type and paste the settings back onto the track. It has something to do with the designation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines