• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generic error with some .mp4 files in Premiere Pro 2020

Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of the sudden I'm getting "generic error" message in the middle an on going Premier Pro 2020 (PC) edit. A few of my video footage links to mp4 files do not import/link anymore? (WHAT?!)

Some mp4 link/import and some don't.

Even "Premiere Rush" sees one of these mp4 files (that I saved in After effects via Adobe Media Encoder) as "The file has unsupported compression type". Not only Premier Pro has problems with these files also Rush and Media Encoder. Yesterday there was no problem and now these file are corrupted(?)

Trouble shoot tutorial (2018) of Adobe doesn't work, last resort in tutorial was "reinstall Premiere Pro". Is there a better way?

(The D:/ drive folder has also a link to the OneDrive cloud.)

Renaming the .mp4 files to .mts (as seen on youtube) is not an option, that works only for new projects.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I encounter the same problem: opening older projects that include MP4 footage some of it is linked with no problem, other clips are offline and I can't relink them, because I get the generic error. This makes no sense, please fix this! My whole workflow just died and I can't finish projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines