Get my new iMac to render with the GPU?

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peeps!

I just got a new iMac and want to do some editing in Premiere Pro. My question is, how do I know Premiere Pro is using the GPU and not the CPU when rendering? Do I need to go in and adjust some settings? If so, how?

Thanks guys!

Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 12.30.02 AM.jpg

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump
???????

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere is largely CPU based. It will use the GPU for certain tasks and in more recent versions it can also further assist with encoding/decoding certain codecs (H264 and H265).

As long as your GPU is selected as the renderer you should be good to go.

You can also ensure that the Hardware Acceleration options are turned on in Preferences > Media

If you're monitoring your hardware usage, you can typically expect high CPU usage (up to 100% during encoding) with a little bit of GPU support. Depending on the situation that could be as low as 5-15%, or it could be as high as 50-60% when encoding to H264/5 with Hardware Encoding.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines