• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Get rid of "Get more out of Premiere Pro" startup screen

Community Expert ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get rid of this startup screen on my main machine. Everytime I go into PP for the first time since a boot, I get this screen. My tester doesn't do this. I've stepped thru all the tabs on this screen many times, deleted prefs, deleted 14.0 folder, copied in the 14.0 folder from my tester. I still can't get rid of it. It may have started in cc2019, but I can't remember now it's been so long. Any tips? Testing for it is a pain because I have to reboot each time to see if whatever works. (PP 14.1 - Win 1909)

MyerPj_0-1589490537705.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Ha, ha... finally! It started in cc2019, The "Get More out of Premiere Pro" window has greeted me first launch after a boot for over a year... finally just stopped on it's own with PP 14.2. So, wasn't me after all!

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

OK, I was a little too enthusiastic and a lesser annoyance still shows. At least they reduced it to a smaller portion - and some of the recent projects show w/out doing anything. But the "Hide Suggestions" button is always inactivated on first boot of the day (and of course remains so unless you click it to hide suggestions). But even with that it comes back on first start of PP every day.

MyerPj_0-1590188341822.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win 10, but still 1903. Reset preferences gets that pix/"Get more out of Premiere Pro" in the upper right. I have to click on the "Find out how" link in that panel to see what you see.

No idea how to get that! I'd consider a full uninstall, cleaner, reinstall - but worry that even that would not find the tiny code/setting in some non-preferences folder that would pop it up!

Stan 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good point Stan, thanks for that. I probably won't go that far as otherwise it's working as expected. Does seem like it would be hard to track down. 

I meant to post this on the PP forum, if someone happens to see this and put it over there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must ask Why is this question in the Back Room forum?

This should be in the general Premiere Pro forum.

The back room is a restricted forum for ACP's MVP's and staff for posting notices and problems with the forum and regular users, Name Change, Deactivate and the like.

You may get the answer you are looking for in the Program Specific forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you look at the last sentence of the message right above your name/post, you'll see the answer, I guess you missed/didn't read it? If you need more explanation I can provide! :0)

MyerPj_0-1589661458150.png

Perhaps go back to advocating changes to this forum, and get us the <Delete> button back like we had in Jive. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange problem. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this non-threatening annoyance!:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha, ha... finally! It started in cc2019, The "Get More out of Premiere Pro" window has greeted me first launch after a boot for over a year... finally just stopped on it's own with PP 14.2. So, wasn't me after all!

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I was a little too enthusiastic and a lesser annoyance still shows. At least they reduced it to a smaller portion - and some of the recent projects show w/out doing anything. But the "Hide Suggestions" button is always inactivated on first boot of the day (and of course remains so unless you click it to hide suggestions). But even with that it comes back on first start of PP every day.

MyerPj_0-1590188341822.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have the same issue. It's not a huge deal, but with PP crashing for various reasons, it is irritating to be constantnly nagged about What's New! Started happening on 14.2.0Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's definetly still here, doubled (ie: needs two clicks now to get rid of the promo windows). One to get rid of the full window as you are displaying and then the 1/2 window. So you must also click the 'Hide Suggestions' once a day/reboot.

MyerPj_0-1590785925375.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have this problem, that window never pops up for me. Wonder what the difference is in settings somewhere?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Came to this thread to ask the same question. Every time I open PP, this nag screen shows up and I can't get rid of it. I don't want to know How to Get More out of Premire Pro. I just want to start working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Reseting the preferences doesn't work

Reinstalling Premiere doesn't work

Reinstalling CC doesn't work

Reinstalling Windows 10 Pro 64 doesn't work

Can we get an Adobe employee to tell us that they can't replicate the bug and that we'll have to deal with it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines