• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting new error when exporting and publishing to YouTube: "Not logged in to YouTube"

Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

I always export direct to Youtube. Since updating my Premiere and Media Encoder this week, it keeps saying  giving me a fail error and saying "Not logged in to YouTube" when in fact I am. It says I am logged in when i select publish. I have since logged out and logged back in and it still fails.

Using the newest CC on my iMac 2015.

Any ideas how to fix?

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

You could try deleting the entry in your keychain access which should be called:

com.adobe.publish.token.ytb3

^ Or something like that ^.

Maybe this entry is stuck/corrupt on your system...when I log in and out, this entry appears and disappears succesfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried logging out, restarting computer and logging in again. Premiere has to generate a credentials token with Youtube and if something is stuck, restarting might help (as it will restart your browsers etc. as well).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but  I can't get that to work.

When I log out and restart, it is just automatically logged back in. There is no way for me to get it to stay logged out. I am doing this all within the export setting window. Is there another place to log in and out of Youtube in Premiere?

Any other advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you log in does it bring up a dialogue in your browser to allow AME to connect to your account?

Screenshot 2021-04-15 at 19.56.51.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep! that dialog comes up and I give it access and I get a succesful notification that it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm..if it stays logged in even if you try to log out then maybe resetting your app preferences might help.

Hold Shift+Alt (WIN) or Shift+Option (MAC) when opening Premiere and you should get a dialogue asking if you want to reset caches and prefs. If you have a lot of customisation you might want to backup your prefs before doing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! That did not help at all though. I even uninstalled Media Encoder and reinstalled it to no avail. 

For some reason, I will hit sign out from Youtube. Then I can click cancel in that export settings window, then I open export settings again and it shows I am logged into Youtube even though I signed out. I reset the cache and preferences too. Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe try revoking access to your Youtube account by going to:

myaccount.google.com/permissions

then remove access to Adobe Media Encoder.

Restart system and then try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ugh, i thought that was going to work but it didnt! All the same issues. Anything else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up making a new User profile on my Mac and for some reason, I was able to upload directly to Youtube from Premiere on that profile. But my usual profile does not allow it. Any tips based on that to make things work for my normal profile/user?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try deleting the entry in your keychain access which should be called:

com.adobe.publish.token.ytb3

^ Or something like that ^.

Maybe this entry is stuck/corrupt on your system...when I log in and out, this entry appears and disappears succesfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I'll try this tomorrow.

can you tell me more specifically  where to find that keychain access entry? Like in keychain on my iMac, do I look for the Adobe entry? YouTube entry? Etc. any specifics would be great when I get to it tomorrow!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I THINK THAT FIXED IT!!! GENIUS! Let me keep using Premiere etc like normal for a couple of days to confirm, but I think we got it. Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! Glad to hear it.
Mark my answer as "Correct Answer" if the issue is resolved and doesn't reappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Mike!

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution worked for me as well. Thank you Mike. 

FYI – I did ALSO clear the preferences files (as per another reccomendation) after I removed thecom.adobe.publish.token.ytb3 keychain item before I restarted Premiere. 

A side note, if you use "search box" within the Keychain Access app, and you CAN"T delete the record, try finding it in the list by scrolling through the list and you should be able to delete it without a problem (this is a separate bug on Apple's side, unrelated to Adobe.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem on my windows computer. How do I find the "keychain"? I'm not as computer savy as you. thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike,

Sorry, you may have a similar issue but I'm fairly certain that any references to "keychain access" is a macOS only troubleshooting step. This post is several months old and situations change. That said, can you describe what you are experiencing along with screenshots? You are having trouble logging into YouTube?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2023 May 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me as well. Thank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines