Highlighted

Getting started/Premiere Pro

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A colleague and I are wondering which training/classes to choose to get started with Premiere Pro.

Our ultimate goal is to creat engaging help videos for our students. 

Our grant is for $1000. If classes are $100 each, we would each take about 5 different classes.

Any recommendations would be very welcome!

TOPICS
Editing, Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Getting started/Premiere Pro

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A colleague and I are wondering which training/classes to choose to get started with Premiere Pro.

Our ultimate goal is to creat engaging help videos for our students. 

Our grant is for $1000. If classes are $100 each, we would each take about 5 different classes.

Any recommendations would be very welcome!

TOPICS
Editing, Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 20, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clarify, are you saying that you and your colleague want to learn Premiere so you can then teach students how to make videos, or you just both want to learn Premiere to create videos that others will watch?

Classes that are $100 each aren't really a thing, or rather, I'm not sure the way you're thinking about it is the best approach for learning software like Premiere. However, I think something like getting a LinkedIn Learning subscription for $20/mo (if you pay annually) for you and your colleague is the perfect way to get started. There are loooads of classes there, and the "Fundamentals" classes are in-depth and lengthy classes that will teach you everything you need to know. There are also shorter "Getting Started" classes for getting up-to-speed quickly, but I recommend the in-depth courses if you're then going to be teaching others. https://www.linkedin.com/learning/subscription/products

You might also already have access to LinkedIn Learning through your workplace, so if that's the case, you could use the grant money for something else like stock footage, stock music, good quality microphones for recording voice-overs, or anything else that would enhance your videos (providing the grant would allow for that).

[Please use the "Reply" button under the FIRST POST to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 2
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David's got the total answer. Go to the LinkedInLearning site, get a membership that includes downloading the project files, and seriously go through the classes there. You'll get a lot farther a lot faster than anything else I know of unless you've got some master Premiere person like Jarle Leirpoll, Christine Steele, and some others like that close by and willing to let you watch them for a month.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David, thanks for this information. Our goal is to first teach ourselves so we can update the tutoring videos we have available to our students. I am going to check in the LinkedIn Learning and see if that's something we already have access to. Great tip!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil, thanks for seconding David's thoughts. I had zeroed in on Udemy.com courses as well as LinkedIn Learning. Now I know which one we will include in our proposal 😃

Any tidbit of information is super helpful and appreciated. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 2
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is one resource I do recommend, that is Jarle Leirpoll's massive tome The Cool Stuff in Premiere Pro which is available both as an ebook and actually as a printed book.

The printed version is 1225 pages including the appendixes and index at the back, but not including the lengthy and detailed table of contents. It is the most thorough text available for Premiere Pro, covering not only how to do things but how to do them fast ... and store methods for re-using things rather than taking the time to re-create them.

I initially had the ebook on my tablet, which sat by my desk when working. At Adobe MAX last fall, I saw the full printed book and just grabbed it not even looking for the price. I'd have paid whatever they asked. But that like seven pound book was "only" $54.99USD. The ebook is a bit less.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duly noted. On my wishlist, and since we have access to Premiere Pro through my organization, probalbly will have this sooner rather than later! Thanks 😃

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 2
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marie, LinkedIn Learning would have the better quality training. It features Adobe trainers and other high quality trainers. I'm not so sure Udemy has such quality control. 

Please also check out the Learn panel in the applicaton and our online resources here: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/tutorials.html

Cheers,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome Kevin, very goot to know. Bookmarked!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 0