• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ghost Image during Crossfade Transition

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing an interesting issue when using a crossfade transition between two clips in adobe Premiere Pro 2017. It only happens during 2 of the transitions in the project. What's happening is that partway through the transition a 3rd image appears blended with the other 2 (the clips that are being transitioned) in one of the instances it appears to have taken one frame of the video, rotated it 90 degrees, and then applied some sort of blending mode, and is affects the coloring and opacity of the 2 images. In the 2nd instance it appears to be taking a frame from elsewhere in the video, inverting it, and then blending it with the other 3 images. See the attached 2 frames where it's the most obvious.Screenshot1.jpg

You can see in the image below in the bottom left corner a pattern appears that is not a part of either clip being transitioned.

Screenshot2.jpg

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, how did you fix the issue? I've tried removing the transition, and replacing it with a new one, but it still has the problem. It still appears in the video when it's exported. TIA

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clips need to have handles.

Which means they have to be trimmed back at least half the length of the transition (centre at cut) especially working with a long file instead of separate clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann, This is not the problem i'm encountering. the clips are all at least 30 seconds(or longer), but in my timeline i'm only using approximately 2 seconds of each clip. The transition lasts less than a second, and sections of the clips that i'm using are not at the end or beginning of the entire clip, so the handles is not what is causing the problem. The ghost image that is showing up isn't a repeated frame, it's a frame from a different clip than the ones that the transitions are applied to. Hope that helps clarify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try moving one of the clips to the track above and applying a single-sided transition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ARoosa,

Try deleting preview files.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are the preview files? I'm starting to edit videos in Premiere...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, did you get a solution to this problem? I am also going through the same and I cannot find the solution anywhere. Would you help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same issue.  When I remove my cross dissolve the ghost image disappears.  I have also tried to Delete Render Files but it is grayed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines