Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Glitch with green screen fades

Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I am trying to fade in my people over a background but I keep getting a black box fading in too. There is no issue without the fade but I need to fade them in or else they look weird just popping up.

I have tired nesting but this didnt work?

Sometimes the box doesnt appear, but there doesn't seem to be any reason, I am doing the same thing each time?

I would be very grateful for any advice anyone can offer. 

Thank you very much.

Lucy 

Glitch issue 1.pngGlitch issue 2.pngGlitch issue 3.png

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is this footage coming from? Did you key the green screen yourself or did someone provide you with the footage? You need to verify that the footage has a proper alpha channel (in this case it should be completely transparent in all areas except the person).

Some more info about the keyed footage and some screenshots from Premiere or After Effects (if that's where the keying was done) will be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The background images are Adobe stock. The people were filmed in a studio, they didnt have a full green screen for the entire shot so I have cut a mask around each person.

The tv company set the keying levels for me and I made them into presets which I put on each clip and then mask. I have done all the work in premiere pro. 

I am pretty novice still, which info would you like screen shots of exacly please?

Thank you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's really hard to tell what's going on, but if @Peru Bob's suggestion doesn't work then it looks like the green screen isn't properly keyed. Why is the person partially faded out on the screen right side? What's going on with your mask that could be causing it? Have you tried removing the mask as a test to see if there are any opacity settings that are messing things up?

What effects are on your green screen footage, just Ultra Key? I understand that you have a preset, but as a test, what happens when you remove all the effects except Ultra Key and hit the "Reset" icon to the far right of the "Ultra Key" name (or you can just remove and re-apply the effect). If you take the eyedropper next to the Key Color parameter and select the green screen, does the black box go away when you apply your fade? Again, make sure to do this without the mask applied.

Running through these steps will help narrow down what's causing the problem, but given that you said the issue only happens when you fade in, it seems the mask could be part of the problem. Remember to try @Peru Bob's suggestion as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try unchecking Composite in linear color in the sequence settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines