• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Glitching while scrubbing through ProRes RAW clips

Enthusiast ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I apply the speed effect to a ProRes RAW clip, then scrub through it on the timeline, a completely different part of the clip appears than when I view it on playback. Anyone else have this issue?

Mac Pro 2020 running Big Sur

Ppro 2021

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete preview files and media cache.

See if that will fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've deleted all media cache and preview files, did not make a difference. I am suspecting this is a bug in the ProRes RAW implementation in Premiere, but I want to know if anyone else is having this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what kind of drive is the media stored on and how is it connected to the macpro?  You're going to need a lot of thruput to scrub thru prores raw files and you haven't told us the pixel dimensions.  4K?  definitely gonna be difficult.   You might also investigate a proxy workflow.  Can be a little tricky to get your head around, but once you do it's usually rock solid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I'm on a brand new Mac Pro with my footage and cache on an Nvme RAID drive—thoughput is in the Gpbs. It's not a hardware issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You still haven't told us what the pixel dimensions and frame rate of your source footage is and the pixel dimensions and frame rate of your sequence.      And how are you adjusting the speed and what are your frame blending options set at?     And tell us where your source clips came from?  although it seems unlikely, are they from a screen capture or a smart phone?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clip and sequence are both 23.976 fps, 3840 x 2160.

I right-click --> Speed/Duration... --> type in 250%. Frame Blending is set to Frame Sampling.

The source clips are from an Atomos Ninja recording ProRes RAW from a Sony a7s III.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would really like to be able to get an answer to this, as my edit uses a lot of speed adjusted footage, and as long as this remains an issue, I can't scrub through my timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you tried a proxy workflow?   Might solve the problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It almost certainly would, but my workflow for this project would mean I have to constantly switch back and forth between proxies and ProRes RAW, which is unworkable. I'm more curious if this is an issue with my machine in particular or if this is a bug in Premiere's ProRes RAW functionality. I would really like to use ProRes RAW functionality as advertised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
can you explain why simply turning proxy on and off is an issue for you?
It's instantaneous for me. And Premiere always reverts to the camera
original for exports...

--
Michael Grenadier
917-362-3396
*www.michaelgrenadier.com <>*
mgrenadier@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines