• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

glitchy program and source preview windows in "fit" setting

Participant ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pp - last version, everything up to date (16/5/2021)

i7 2,4 ghz, ram - 16gb, system ssd, cache hdd, usb 3 file hdd (but I've tested with the project files in the other harddisks ans the problem persist), amd, win 10 home, 2 monitors via hdmi.

source files - mp4, h264 and wav archives (dji, a7s2, h4n)

4k, 24p, 30p, 25p, 100mbps (tested with all those file settings, same problem)

when the program/source monitor is set to "fit" zoom level, the image is glitchy as the attached file.

when I set the program monitor to a pre configured zoom level (10%, 25%, 50%, etc) the image plays correctly. no problem with the fullscreen mode.

the problem occurs with or without proxies.

solution: set the zoom level to a preset and wait till adobe correct the bug and do not update premiere with running paid projects.

posting to help some friends, because I took half hour to figure out what was happening.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Hardware or GPU , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Your 8670m is from 2013. That makes me guess that your i7 is also form that area. If your look at the tech specs, the minimal required AMD Ryzen 1000, was released in 2016. and your need a 6th generation Intel processor, that only came out in 2015. Sorry to bring you the bad news, but your 8 year old sytem does not qualify the minimum tech specs.
More info: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Latest version is not a version: state Premiere number and build.

Dock Program panel in main screen.

Update graphics card driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pp 15.2.0 build 35

same problem with 1 or 2 monitors, with the program window docked, undocked, in the main monitor or in the other one, using my custom workspaces or the default ones. looks like the only working solution is to set to default zoom level or use the full screen mode.

windows and card already up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this problem is worse when you're working with the luma key. I am working in a simple sky replacement process, with a mp4 (a7sii) and a jpeg. at first got no problem. but when I use the luma key mask tool even with the preset zoom level in the program monitor the image is glitchy. sometimes the program goes black, but only when it is paused. when you play, it turns on. very frustating.

solution? 

after effects and wait patiently till adobe solve this.

you can turn the renderer to mercury playback engine software only. if you're cutting and putting the pieces together it may help a lot. but problems persist just a bit less frequently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you mention you don't see this issue with the Software Only Renderer, this sounds like a GPU driver issue. What AMD GPU do you have? How mucht vRAM does it have. Have your updated the drivers? See https://www.amd.com/en/support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree with Joost, The only time I've seen that kind of screen ( never see on mine ), it was a driver issue. I have seen no graphic card info. Is it AMD or Nvidia graphic card ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the problem persists even with the software only renderer. just a little better. no black screens and no glitchys with the preset zoom level.

the video card is an amd 8670m, 2gb, the driver is the latest disponible version (updated when I've first noticied the problem).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried rolling the video driver back one version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes. i was working with the previous version and now updated to the latest one.

found one more thing:

i use this notebook to work dailies (get material and edit a mockup onset to the project manager/DOP/director hava an ideia of project evolution).

it uses those system of switchable cards, one that i dont know what it is and the amd. normaly I mantain the "onboard" videocard disable so the amd is the only functional videocard. when I enable onboard card and disable the amd, found none of the previous problems. (but the mercury engine does not work in this set up).

so... yes. it may be a problem with this 8670m card/ open CL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope you'll find a solution. Most of the time, using Premiere Pro with an Nvidia card is a better option, since Adobe has worked hand in hand with Nvidia to develop the Mercury Playback engine based on Nvidia CUDA technology. Sometime you don't have choice tu use AMD card but I think, you loose many advantage using PPRO. Saying that, even with an AMD graphic card, you should not face glitchy monitor issues. I can't help more but one last thing would be to update what ever is related to graphics for example DirectX and see if it change anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your 8670m is from 2013. That makes me guess that your i7 is also form that area. If your look at the tech specs, the minimal required AMD Ryzen 1000, was released in 2016. and your need a 6th generation Intel processor, that only came out in 2015. Sorry to bring you the bad news, but your 8 year old sytem does not qualify the minimum tech specs.
More info: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines