• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Glitchy scrubbing on interpreted footage in source window...

Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im encountering glitchy scrubbing on interpreted footage in source window... 120fps a73 footage, iterpreted to 24fps. Never had this issue before. Started happening maybe a month or so ago.

See video example below.

Screen Shot 2020-03-06 at 1.14.19 PM 1.pngScreen Shot 2020-03-06 at 1.14.07 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and looking for solution. I use Asus ROG with i7 9750H with 1660Ti. The other problem is when i use call out graphic sometimes the program is crash or freez and work very very slowly. As you can see the laptop have two GPUs and i think the problem comes from the fact that the Premiere uses the built-in video card for playback. I tried everything that could be done but the result did not change. I just haven't tried disabling the integrated video card, but I don't know how.

74450520_202219374218948_2324594789183389696_n.jpg88240649_505122216868221_5936258476589187072_n.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It uses the iGPU for any H.264/HEVC footage. It will use the discrete GPU for other formats. Let me know if that is not the case. Are you also working with 120fps interpreted as 24fps?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you also working with 120fps interpreted as 24fps?

Im not shure about this. The footage that i use is 50fps mp4 and when i try fast them like 500 or 800% (it doesn't matter exactly how many %) they start to flickering and blinking. Sometimes even if i didn't speed them up, this problem still has it. And this is the reason i think the problem is with the built-in video card. The drivers of both cards have been updated to the latest version. I even tried nvidia's studio drivers, no changes. And what about with the call out text problem? When i use one or several call out text the program freezes and starts working very slowly. I have no problems with games or Lightroom and AFX. Only with Premiere Pro.

Thank you!

Stanislav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is landoe,

I'm not sure if it's the issue but your CPU and your GPU do not meet miniumum system requirements. What happens if you move back to version 13.x (2019)?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea i dont have the best editing laptop but ive been doing this for years without any issue like this happening. Ill try to go back to older version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I finally figured out how to switch back to a 2019 version of PP. The issue is no longer. But i would like to edit in PP 2020 of course. What changed in this update?!?!? 😭😭😭

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What "changed" was updating code. Applications have to move forward with media and gear. So the newer versions of most complex applications will typically require newer, more capable gear than older versions.

I've had computers in my shop since the 80's, and when we got our first computer ... we "splurged" ... and got the HUGE 40MB hard drive. That's right, 40 megabytes. We were told that was absurd, we'd never use all that much space. The computer had a base RAM of 600-something bytes (I think that's the figure) of RAM, and we also splurged for installing extra, so we had a full megabyte of RAM. Absurd as it was.

I don't know how many "major" programs that I still have the floppy or optical discs for ... that haven't worked on any computer for decades. dBASE ... that was a HUGE company in digital terms. THE database app to have. Any business of any size, that did any computer tracking of anything, used dBase.

Know anyone working in dBase now? Hmmm ... oh, btw, have you ever heard of dBase? When I mention that app anymore, I do tend to get blank stares.

Yea ... time ... and computers ... and applications ... move on. It's a right pain, as I thoroughly hate switching to a new computer, getting all my apps, data, preferences, everything just working again. Besides the cost. And I desperately need a new rig, it's awaiting the missus' go-ahead on purchase ... gonna be around $5G USD. Big OUCH. But ... for what I do, and planning to use it over the next 3-4 years ... I can't go less.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Love seeing 'dBase' in a thread. I had a 3/4" A/B roll edit suite for 15 years back then. I did a dozen 1 hour video programs showing how to use Visicalc, Lotus123, Word Perfect and dBase, etc. The video productions got me into using dBase as a hobby and then progressing to FoxPro for DOS and then Windows 3.1, etc. I eventually wrote a targeted (vertical market) FoxPro app I've sold and lived on for >25 years now, with a primary marketing tool being a video programs and training done with Premiere starting in version 1.5. Now I'm back to video which has always been my main interest. Well done! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im baaack!!! lol... with a new pc build which should handle anything in PP20, buuuut im still having the same issue when scrubbing. Again this is only happening when i take my 120 fps sony footage and change to 23.976 for slow motion on my timeline.

I now have ryzen 5 3600 cpu, 32gb of ram, an 8 gig gpu (rx 580 gts) on windows 10.

Any other suggestions???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am have the SAME PROBLEM!!!!  Jumping all over when trying to scrub manually, and using the JKL commands for premiere to playback fast.  But also when just manually scrubbing, it jumps all over to random frames and stutters.   Never had this issue until I updated Premier Pro recently.  ADOBE -- Give us some answers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep same. Right after i updated from 13.1.5. to 14 to the problem started. So now im just stuck using pp 13.1.5 til i get ANSWERS!!! lol  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usual posted a new thread about this issue. I have an expert looking into it currently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe I have found somewhat of a solution for this issue, I have been dealing with it for awhile as well. For me, when the playback keeps jumping around while scrubbing footage ive interpreted from 120 to 24, I have found that rendering the clip twice eliminates this issue.

I have a brand new 2020 iMac with 32gb RAM, solid graphics card and a fast processor. The hardware is definitely not the issue here. However, after rendering the first time, the clip will usually show a yellow line above the clip, and then green after the second render. At this point, the scrubbing issue goes away.

Hopefully this is just a bug that can be addressed, but for now, this seems to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

very interesting ill have to try that.. still rockin with PP 2019 for now lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

guys, never update unless you know that you're OS and hardware will work properly in the new OS.  If you're on the mac, you can create a bootable clone of your startup drive using something like carboncopycloner and quickly restore your system to it's usable state so you might want to take the chance and adobe allows you to install an update without deleting earlier versions.  On my 2012 macbookpro, I've got premiere 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 but adobe no longer allows downloading of 2017 and 2018.  I only keep them on my system because I provide support for a few clients who are "change averse" and refuse to update.  I know you all want the latest bells and whistles, but hardware requirements get more stringent and even if the update works, there may be issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines