Highlighted

Glitchy Video Clips In Premiere

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. For some reason, when I import MOV video clips taken on my iPhone into Adobe Premiere the videos get glitchy. If I scroll through it by dragging or skip around the video, the audio gets "un-sync'd" and the video will start over while I'm scrolling through it. I didn't used to have this problem with video from the same iPhone a few years ago, and it only started happening in Premiere 2020, so I went back to Premiere 2018 and it's still happening. I've found a way around this issue by converting the clips to mp4 using Format Factory (if I use Media Encoder I still have the same issue in mp4) but now all my videos' "created" dates, which I use to make sure I'm putting the clips in cronological order, say Decemer 31, 1903. When I right-click on the videos themselves and check their properties it still has the correct "created" date but Premiere is no longer recognizing the correct date after I convert it.

Does anyone know how to fix the glitching issue or get Premiere to recognize the correct "created" date?

Topics

Editing, Formats, Import, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Glitchy Video Clips In Premiere

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. For some reason, when I import MOV video clips taken on my iPhone into Adobe Premiere the videos get glitchy. If I scroll through it by dragging or skip around the video, the audio gets "un-sync'd" and the video will start over while I'm scrolling through it. I didn't used to have this problem with video from the same iPhone a few years ago, and it only started happening in Premiere 2020, so I went back to Premiere 2018 and it's still happening. I've found a way around this issue by converting the clips to mp4 using Format Factory (if I use Media Encoder I still have the same issue in mp4) but now all my videos' "created" dates, which I use to make sure I'm putting the clips in cronological order, say Decemer 31, 1903. When I right-click on the videos themselves and check their properties it still has the correct "created" date but Premiere is no longer recognizing the correct date after I convert it.

Does anyone know how to fix the glitching issue or get Premiere to recognize the correct "created" date?

Topics

Editing, Formats, Import, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the footage is variable framerate convert to constant framerate with Handbrake before bringing into Premiere.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Drymr LATEST
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Ann. That did stop the glitching but it created a new clip with the "created" date being today, instead of the actual filmed date. I need to be able to keep the original filmed date so I can sort the videos in cronological order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines