• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Go To Next / Previous Marker keyboard Shortcuts not working

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All Keyboard shortcuts for Go To Next Marker or Go To Previous Marker on Timeline defaults to Go to Next Edit / Go To Previous Edit

I've tried changing the customs away from arrow keys altogether, but it still only goes to next edit, even with all tracks deselected.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2015 Dec 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Helen,

Close all the running Adobe applications.

Go to Documents and rename Adobe folder, it will reset all the previous preferences.

Regards,

Navdeep Pandey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2016 Feb 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe that would be it considering I never had that as a shortcut previously nor was it ever the default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2016 Feb 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The point is, something got messed up.  So resetting things back to default is not a bad first step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2016 Feb 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done this, and it did not fix the jumping to every edit, despite no markers being there with the  next marker command.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 29, 2016 Feb 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What specific shortcut are you using here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2016 Mar 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shift + Up / Down arrows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 02, 2016 Mar 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the same thing here. shortcut: page up/down. Also tried others. Step forward/backward many is affected as well, the keys work everywhere but not in the timeline window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 03, 2016 Mar 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shift + Up / Down arrows

Those are already in use for Next/Previous edit commands.  I would recommend choosing something else to avoid issues.

I like the CTRL+Left/Right arrows myself, as I don't do a whole lot of keyboard trimming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2016 Mar 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All shortcuts that were assigned to go to Next Edit / Previous Edit commands were re-assigned as were the go to Next / Previous marker in order to avoid this conflict and despite that adjustment (with trashing prefs and starting anew), jumping to markers still managed to stop at ever edit rather than going straight to markers.

The issue for me isn't to do with the assigned shortcuts themselves, but that the command itself won't avoid the edits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also use Shift + arrows to Go to Next/Previous Markers (a habit from my Avid days).

However the playhead stops at each end and start of any cut (and I have only a V1 select timeline).

So If I have Maker A, then a cut, then Marker B, it goes like this (from the beginning of the timeline):

(Shift + Down): Playhead goes to Marker A.

(Shift + Down): Playhead goes to end of cut.

(Shift + Down): Playhead goes to start of cut.

(Shift + Down): Playhead goes to Marker B.

Too many unnecessary stops, it will be real good if this could be fixed.

EDIT: it IS a bug, because out of the blue the command start working properly (without reseting or changing anything in Premiere).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing this bug as well... Premiere Pro CC 2017.1.1 (11.1.1)

I use sh + M (next marker) and sh + cmd + M (previous marker). Have never experienced this bug before in older versions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this too, very annoying. I tried a bunch of different shortcuts to make this work and keep stopping at all my edit points and various other points for no apparent reason.

I've sent a bug report, can everyone else do this too! - it's pretty crappy that this is broken (like so much else in the adobe apps);

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update.... clearing preferences gets it to work, but then as soon as I edit any preferences it stops working again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wondering if there was ever solution for this? Clearing preferences does nothing. It started happening for me when I upgraded to CC2019 (13.1.5) it's happening on multiple computers as welll including a fresh install...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I found the problem for me... If you have the show clip markers and or show duplicate frame markers turned on the command will stop at every one of those markers as well! To have it just stop at the timeline markers turn the others off in the wrench.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this works for me - you're a life saver! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant! Also works for me. Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally an answer! Thanks so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

u r like jack to my rose. means u r a life saver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This solution should be at the top of the list!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines