• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Good PC can't play 4k 120 fps footage smoothly even with proxys...

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a fairly good PC (Ryzen 7 3700x, 32GB 3200 Mhz RAM, GTX1070, three diferent SSDs for windows, footage and scratch files... 

I usually edit gopro 2k footage with this rig with no problem without the need to use proxys, well recently did a trip with a friend of mine who has a Sony A7s III and he gave me some of his 4k 120 fps footage... wich i know is a lot more data to deal than my usual gopro workload, but i thought that my pc could handle it... welll im struggling here to get workable playback, even using proxys and setting the playback quality to 1/4... Any ideas what's the reason for this?? Is just my PC not good enough?? 

TOPICS
Editing , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some of the the new camera codes are hard to playback. You can run the Windows task manager to see the bottle neck. You have an AMD CPU. I dont know if Intel's Quick Sync or the GPU can decode the A7S III files or not. The video might be worth watching.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines