• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GoPro FX reframe plugin for premier when using Insta360 videos

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whats the proper sequence to install GoPRo FX reframe plugin for Pp and edit Insta360 One X raw video with it? Im not finding the plugin in Pp when loading raw footage, nor wirth older videos. 

Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Editing , Formats , How to , Import , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

I had to upgrade to Mojave, then download Premiere Pro 2019 to get the plug in, then when I upgraded to PP 2020 it worked. But Mojave slowed my computer down too much so I had to go back to High Sierra. I tried to get the plug in to show up again in Premiere Pro 2019 but it doesnt, so it appears that High Sierra is simply incompatible with the plug in.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did the plugin not come with an installer? If that's the case then you may need to manually add the plugin to the correct system folder; are you Mac or PC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

I am running a new pc with i9 10th gen 10xxx..

I installed the Gopro FX Reframe directly from Gopro site. Showed it was saved into the Adobe files,

I'm not finding the add-on under Pr Window-Extensions either.

According to Insta360, the plugin should allow raw .INSV to be inserted to PR and edit the 360° footage.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious?

Note: I reloaded Pr this evening, along with the Insta360 app and Go pro FX extension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GoproFX reframe appears to be an EFFECT, not an Extension. So you won't find it in the Extensions menu; search in the Effects tab for it and it should be there.

And you need to install the Insta360 STUDIO 2020 software from Insta360 to allow Premiere to import .insv files. That's not what the GoPro plugin is for, it's a separate plugin for manipulating the 360 shots once you've imported them.

HTH,

JVK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The GoPro FX Reframe is in fact an effect and can be found in the effects panel if you do a search or if you look inside "video effects" and then "GoPro FX". Just drag and drop onto your footage and then go into the Effect Controls panel to control the pan/tilt/zoom etc. Should work on all 360 footage no matter the source camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I will look at that right away. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I properly downloaded GoPro FX Reframe with an installer, it is found on my Mac in the Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/7.0/MediaCore/GoPro folder as OCFX.plugin but when I open Premiere Pro 2020 the plugin is not appearing in the Effects panel at all. 

I am running High Sierra on my Mac. 

Any suggestions to get it to appear?? I'm about to ask for a refund on Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a problem for GoPro to solve as it's their plugin. This has happened in the past too and they took FOREVER to put out a new version that worked with Premiere... You may find that it's GoPro that sucks at app support, not Premiere, after you search around a bit. The only suggestion I might make, as I have a Windows maching and uninstalled from my Mac a long time ago, is to downgrade Premiere, try to install the plugin (which should succeed hopefully..) then upgrade premiere again. I have the plugin on my computer for a while back and it has never gone away while doing updates to Premiere. It's that pesky installation process that doesn't seem to stick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much man. I will give that a try. Definitely seems to be a GoPro app problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daniel, wondering if you ever got your Premiere Pro 2020 High Sierra Mac to run the Reframe Plugin as well as being able to import Insta360 footage. I'm not able to get it to work with this combo, though I was able to get it to work on my Macbook pro running Catalina as it should. Wondering if it is a High Sierra (MacOS 10.13) problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to upgrade to Mojave, then download Premiere Pro 2019 to get the plug in, then when I upgraded to PP 2020 it worked. But Mojave slowed my computer down too much so I had to go back to High Sierra. I tried to get the plug in to show up again in Premiere Pro 2019 but it doesnt, so it appears that High Sierra is simply incompatible with the plug in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the update Daniel, yes, seems that it isn't compatible based on yours and another thread here. Like you, I dread upgrading my OS and even Premiere Pro for fear of creating a lot of instabilities and then tearing my hair out during deadlines like a lot of folks here seem to do when they upgrade. I was playing with the Insta360 as well as the Reframe plugin on my Catalina Mac and though you do have the ability to reframe, create keyframes, etc, it is much harder than the Insta360 studio anyway so I may just use Insta360 studio for the most part. It would be nice to have the option but oh well. Take care. -Keith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines