• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GoXLR & Premiere Pro Audio Too Quiet

Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having an issue with Premiere Pro where my Voice Over Recording Audio is incredibly quiet. To the point where raising the db levels to +15 (the max) it is still very hard to hear. I am using a GoXLR Audio Interface, my question is for those who use that system.

What is your setup for the Input, Output, Master Clock and Map Output? I consulted a forum post that had a similar issue to mine about a year ago, but the "solutions" on that post did not resolve my issues. I am not able to find any where that says how to properly line the audio for the GoXLR with Premiere Pro so that I may record voice overs within the program.

Below are snapshots I took of my Audio Configuration (it may be setup horribly wrong, I wouldn't know so that's why I'm asking). As well as some recorded Voice Over Audio with +15db to the audio to show that the audio is not being captured properly, hence me asking what I can do to fix it.

Untitled.pngUntitled2.png

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What output does that unit put out ... line, what? How do you have it connected to the computer, USB or line-in or mic jack ... what? And what settings does it have for output gain?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil, thank you for taking the time to respond and look into my issue. I apologize for not giving a response sooner. I have my GoXLR device connected via USB. As far as the settings for my device, I have all of them listed below. I am putting all of my mic settings just in case it helps narrow down my issue.

Mic Gain: 46 db via Condenser (+48v)

Gate - Amount = 32

Threshold: -40db

Attenuation: 100%

Attack: 10ms

release: 200ms

Equalizer - Bass = -3 / Mid = -1 / Treble = -3

31.5Hz: -9

63Hz: -5

125Hz: 2

250Hz: -1

500Hz: -3

1KHz: -2

2KHz: 1

4KHz: -2

8KHz: -5

16KHz: -3

Compressor - Amount = 85

Threshold: -32db

Ratio: 4:1

Attack: 2ms

Release: 100ms

Make-Up Gain: 5db

De-esser - Amount = 30

Again, I'm not experienced with this kind of audio device so if I didn't provide enough answers please let me know where I should look for said answers so that I may get them to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not familiar with that unit. I'm running an Audiobox USB96 as a pre-amp for my pair of mics here in my suite. One is an older AKG D707e, XLR, and I was advised by Robbie Carman of MixingLight.com to get a Cloudlifter unit between that and the preamp, and Joey D'Anna suggested the Audiobox rig. Which has 48v phantom also.

Robbie said in his experience, most XLR dynamic or ribbon mics benefited from the Cloudlifter inserted before the phantom power, and in my case, it definitely makes a big difference. It has around 25dB of gain that it adds to the circuit. Very clean sound, and plenty of it. Not ... cheap, however. Here's the thing on Sweetwater's site.

Cloudlifter CL1

I'm glad I got it though. That AKG mic through this setup is a delight. I was having to apply so much gain in Premiere or Audition before that it was not a good clean and rich sound.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had consulted a number of articles and videos that said that piece was unnecessary, oh well just my luck. Anyways thanks for your help Neil, I really appreciate it.

Spencer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines