• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GPU acceleration causes mp4 to stretch and crop

Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a project that combines a portrait format mp4 (shot on my phone) with a landscape format .mov (shot on a Zoom Q2N).  I'm displaying the videos side-by-side and am scaling them to fill the 16:9 frame.

It all worked fine, but had choppy playback.  I noticed that GPU acceleration was turned off, so I enabled it.  This fixed the playback, but now the mp4 clip is stretched horizontally, and has also cropped the image horizontally.  I can fix this partially by stretching it back the other way, but I still can't get back the missing areas on either side.

Hard to describe (especially for a non-video savvy person like me), but here are two screenshots of the preview window.  Note the doorframe to the right of my shoulder that' missing in the lower image and also the position of the guitar soundhole relative to the left edge

Using Mercury playback SW only (this is how I want it to look):

SW acceleration.png

Using Mercury GPU acceleration:

GPU acceleration.png

I've tested this multiple times and it's 100% repeatable in this project.  For reasons I can fathom, I have a second project filmed and edited in exactly the same way that doesn't have this issue.  I have no idea why.  I'm going to re-create the first project from scratch and see if that helps but in the meantime I'd be grateful for any tips as to what might be causing this!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to add - I'm on Windows 10 and am running PP v 15.2.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the exact same issue but on a 16" Macbook Pro that has a GPU card (hardware accelerated graphics).  I can't figure out how to get past it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines