GPU Acceleration Export

Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently started exporting my videos using the hardware rather than the software. I was so excited as it allows me to render videos much quicker. The problem I am running into is that the video quality does not compare to when rendering it with the software. The quality especially is worst if my video contains any texts. I've tried different export settings and just cannot figure it out. This is so disappointing as I only upgraded my gpu so that I'd be able to use this option.

TOPICS
Export, Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Engaged ,
Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, provide more info about project sources, timeline and export settings. Also add sample of 'bad' quality video.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
AUTHOR
Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My video is shot at 6ofps 1080p and I export with

H.264

Profile: High

Level: 5.1

VBR 1 pass

Target bitrate 10

The exported video quality is not as clear as when I export with the software encoding. If the video has text, the video clip that has text is very bright. Once there is no text, the video gets very dark. I don't have this issue when exporting with software encoding.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try https://www.voukoder.org/ plugin, it's support both hardware and software h264 encoders, as many others. It may work differently. Here is ready to use preset for NVEnc_h264:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EMFW0_XNCYrTtvd0nIo_ODyn25a16h1E/view?usp=sharing)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines