GPU Acceleration (Grayed Out) Not Available, Inter (R) HD Graphics

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am Using Dell Latitude E5540 system, 8GB RAM

Adobe Premiere Pro 2020 v14.3.2.42

I cannot use GPU acceleration, the Mercury Playback GPU Acceleration option is Grayed Out/Unavailable. 

When i Run GPUSniffer.exe, The Result says that my GPU devices is not chosen beacause of Kernel Failure.

Here is GPUSniffer.exe Test Result

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro 2020>GPUSniffer
GPUSniffer testing 62
Initializing GPU Tech:
Try CUDA: 1
Try OpenCL: 1
Try Metal: 0
Try Vulkan: 0
KernelLoadAction: 0
UseOpenGLContext: 0000000000000000
UseDeviceContext: 0000000000000000
UseD3D11Context: 0000000000000000
No CUDA devices Found
OpenCL system device count: 1
Found OpenCL device Name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4400 supportsSSG: 0
No capability restrictions detected - adding device to list
Finished gpu initialization in 0 ms

--- OpenGL Info ---
Vendor: Intel
Renderer: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4400
OpenGL Version: 4.3.0 - Build 20.19.15.5126 20.19.15.5126
GLSL Version: 4.30 - Build 20.19.15.5126
Monitors: 1
Monitor 0 properties -
Size: (0, 0, 1366, 768)
Max texture size: 16384
Supports non-power of two: 1
Shaders 444: 1
Shaders 422: 1
Shaders 420: 1

--- GPU Computation Info ---
Found 1 devices supporting GPU computation.
OpenCL Device 0 -
Name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4400
Vendor: Intel
Integrated: 1
Capability: 1.2
Driver: 1.2
Total Video Memory: 1629MB
* Not chosen because of kernel failure.

I tried,

1. Updating my driver to lastest one.

2. Adding my Graphic Device name to opencl_supported_cards.txt file and added that text file to folder where Premiere is installed.

3. Unintalling Graphic Device Driver and Premiere Pro then Reinstalling them but none of them solved my issue.

GPU acceleration was working fine on this same system earliar when i was using Adobe Premiere Pro 2020 (Beta) version.

But now on Premiere Pro 2020 v14.3.2.42, Mercury Playback GPU acceleration option is Unavailable.

Please Help

Thanks

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Sorry, but that integrated GPU is now no longer supported any more in Premiere Pro, and Intel had depreciated it and all 4th- and 5th-Generation CPUs that use four-digit model numbers in the Intel HD Graphics to legacy support status back in 2018. That means that since that time, there were only security patches and no more compatibility fixes ever for these older GPUs.

And neither Intel nor Adobe nor your computer's manufacturer will ever fix that problem any more. And Adobe now officially requ

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but that integrated GPU is now no longer supported any more in Premiere Pro, and Intel had depreciated it and all 4th- and 5th-Generation CPUs that use four-digit model numbers in the Intel HD Graphics to legacy support status back in 2018. That means that since that time, there were only security patches and no more compatibility fixes ever for these older GPUs.

And neither Intel nor Adobe nor your computer's manufacturer will ever fix that problem any more. And Adobe now officially requires hardware that's no more than four years old just for its Creative Cloud software to even work properly.

In other words, your hardware is on the brink of complete obsolescence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I have i5 9gen

8gb ram

2gb graphics card

And no other applications installed on pc, and  Graphics card is enabled in premier pro, also i alot 6gb ram to premier pro for better experience,

But it still not working perfectly,i have to face lag and render problems everytime,

Any suggestions 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is your problem:

That GT 710 is severely underpowered for your 6-core/6-thread CPU, especially if the RAM that's on the graphics card is only DDR3 RAM (whose maximum throughput is much, much lower than that of your CPU's main system RAM). That severe performance imbalance between the CPU and the GPU can, and will, cause major performance problems especially in content creation and rendering software. In fact, that GT 710 is so severely weak that it's just barely suitable at all for even a 2006-era 2-core/2-thread CPU. In any newer CPU platform, the GT 710 will severely bottleneck the CPU.

So, in your case, I would upgrade both the GPU and the RAM. And do both at the same time for the best performance. Otherwise, the weakest component will heavily bottleneck the others. And for that 9th-Gen 6-core/6-thread i5, I'd suggest upgrading to either 16 GB or 32 GB of DDR4 system RAM, and (depending on the video content that you'd be working with) either a GeForce GTX 1650 Super or a GeForce GTX 1660 Super (don't get the plain GeForce GTX 1660 non-Super as it barely performs better than a GTX 1650 Super to justify the difference in price since the GTX 1660 Super costs just a lunch's worth of additional cost).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had same problem few weeks ago, i have Nvidia GT 710 Graphics card, and premier pro wasn't able to find it,

So this is how i solved

C

Update drivers of graphics card 

By installing driver updater or find it manually 

Thats it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but that GT 710 is just molasses-slow in Premiere Pro to begin with. In fact, it is actually slower and weaker than any recent integrated on-CPU Intel UHD Graphics.

And because it is a second-gen Kepler GPU, its CUDA support at graphics driver level is now depreciated since the release of the 441.xx drivers.

And your response is not directly related to the original starter of this discussion. The original poster had a completely different problem: The hardware is effectively no longer supported at all in Premiere Pro, due to the support actions from the GPU maker itself. And everybody must go with what the GPU manufacturer dictates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, I have the same problem, I have an 4770K cpu and my video card is a NVidia 1660 6 GIGS but Premiere option is grey out. Do I need to disable the integrated graphic card in BIOS? Is it hard do do it? I think Premiere is not seeing the NVidia card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines