Highlighted

Gpu acceleration suddenly disabled in Premier Pro

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am running a IMac Pro with a amd Radeon Vegas 64 graphic card. As I need to start editing 360 video using immersive environment and a oculus quest headset I installed bootcamp, installed premier 2020 under the bootcamp / windows 10. 
It was working perfectly and I could connect to the headset for a 360 full screen preview of what I was working on using oculus link and vr steam. 
Suddenly premier has dropped the ability to support gpu acceleration which is needed to edit vr content, it is greyed out under general settings or when starting a new project.

I have spend hours troubleshooting, I reinstalled premier, installed latest amd drivers for bootcamp, tried suggested fixes in registry editor and creating CUDA support txt files in the premier folder and I just can't get it back. If anyone can help me I would love them forever. Thanks Ben.

TOPICS
Editing, Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Gpu acceleration suddenly disabled in Premier Pro

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am running a IMac Pro with a amd Radeon Vegas 64 graphic card. As I need to start editing 360 video using immersive environment and a oculus quest headset I installed bootcamp, installed premier 2020 under the bootcamp / windows 10. 
It was working perfectly and I could connect to the headset for a 360 full screen preview of what I was working on using oculus link and vr steam. 
Suddenly premier has dropped the ability to support gpu acceleration which is needed to edit vr content, it is greyed out under general settings or when starting a new project.

I have spend hours troubleshooting, I reinstalled premier, installed latest amd drivers for bootcamp, tried suggested fixes in registry editor and creating CUDA support txt files in the premier folder and I just can't get it back. If anyone can help me I would love them forever. Thanks Ben.

TOPICS
Editing, Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 08, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should also add, I tried to use virtual desktop inside the headset to see if that worked better then the oculus link, maybe that confused it somehow? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reinstalled windows and everything from scratch and it worked again. It's when I install GoPro vr plugins I come up with the same problem. Even after I remove the plugins I still have the same problem unless I reinstall windows. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 0