• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GPU Hardware Export not working

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few months back Adobe rolled out an update that made export rendering INCREDIBLY fast. It's this specific update I'm referring to: https://youtu.be/dxnQQWUDQBo

I have been editing 20 minute long videos, using settings at 5.1, Hardware Encoding and CBR at 100 and those videos would come out to be like 15-20GB and my PC would export them in like 3~5min blazing fast.

For the past few videos there's been an issue where it won't do that. The 5.1 quality takes now 2 hours to export, so I tried switching it to 4.1, CBR at 69 and the video size goes from 15~20GB oto like 5~7GB. This is FIFTY minutes. (also using CUDA for export) 

I have no idea what happened. I did not change anything, I merely took a week off work and I come back and suddenly things aren't working anymore. I've done a clean re-install and no dice. I've also updated Premiere as well.

Here are my specs

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3960X 24-Core Processor 3.79 GHz

32GB of RAM

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER

I'm exporting right now in 4.1 and here is my performance usage

CPU 8%

Memory 13.3/31.9GB (42%)

GPU 4% (Video encoding 0%)

TOPICS
Export , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would see about updating your GPU drivers.

I'm assuming when you say 4.1 and 5.1 you are talking about the h264 level? That is only going to control the maximum supported resolution.

The file size is a direct correlation to the bitrate you are choosing and not related to encode time (higher bitrate will take longer to encode--but it shouldn't be a big enough factor to influence your choice of bitrate)

What do you have going on in the sequence? Anything different than you normally do? There are certain effects that can vastly increase encode time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Philip, when I am using CBR to export with Hardware Encoding, all of my files (which are the exact same length) are ending up as differnt files sizes.  Only when I do Software Encoding to I get my files to be all the same size.  Software encoding is taking 10x as long.  Thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines