Highlighted

GPU RX5700 XT is not supporting rendering

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe Pros...

I got a new System in which everything is working fine (newest drivers, all updates), except in Premier Pro.

When I edit a 4k clip (exampel: Play it backwards, adding Text) the System doesn't work: Framerates drop and when I try to export a 2 Min Clip to 4k (H.264) it'll take more than an hour.

Hardware acceleration is activated.

What do I miss...???

AMD Ryzon 7 3700X

AMD RX5700 XT

Aeorus X570 Elite

32 GB RAM 3600 Mhz

2x SSD

Best regards!

TOPICS
Freeze or hang, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

GPU RX5700 XT is not supporting rendering

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe Pros...

I got a new System in which everything is working fine (newest drivers, all updates), except in Premier Pro.

When I edit a 4k clip (exampel: Play it backwards, adding Text) the System doesn't work: Framerates drop and when I try to export a 2 Min Clip to 4k (H.264) it'll take more than an hour.

Hardware acceleration is activated.

What do I miss...???

AMD Ryzon 7 3700X

AMD RX5700 XT

Aeorus X570 Elite

32 GB RAM 3600 Mhz

2x SSD

Best regards!

TOPICS
Freeze or hang, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 12, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that Adobe does not like AMD GPUs, nor does it like OpenCL in general. You see, the RX 5000 series still has teething problems with its drivers. And second, even that 5700 XT performs no better than an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Super that sells for 40% less! It costs nearly $400, yet it performs about as sluggishly as a GeForce that sells for only $230.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 12, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so my Lenovo Yoga Notebook with an i7 and an integrated intel graphics card perfroms better or the same?

I read about the bad performance of the rx5700 after I bought it...

Strange is, that when I render the Video there almost 0% usage of the GPU... Is this normal?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 12, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree.  Adobe sucks at this.  I too just got me a brand new fast system and I was looking into which GPR to get and Adobe has completely ignored the GPU.  I am really glad that I found out about that BEFORE purchasing all my PC parts and got me an old used GPU, the GTX 1070 for less than $200.  

After using my new system and testing it out in different ways, the GPU is NOT used most of the time.  This is really lame from Adobe.  AMD is coming out with new fantastic graphic cards, and I want one, but it is completely useless with Adobe.  That's just unacceptable.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be normal if you do not apply any GPU effects at all. Text effects are almost always CPU-only.

And on my installation of 14.3.2 (although I have a Ryzen 7 3800X and a GeForce RTX 2060 Super), I already see between 15% and 20% GPU utilization just simply making a minor conversion of the frame rate of a 1080p60 clip from 59.9402 fps to the standard 59.9406 fps while nearly pegging the CPU to 100%, which verified that my PC build is functioning properly in Premiere Pro 14.3.2. You do not want that GPU to hit anywhere close to 100% utilization with such a negligible frame rate conversion, especially if the CPU utilization is low and erratic: That indicates that the given GPU is too weak for that CPU.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 13, 2020 2
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the answer!!! Should have researched better before buying this GPU...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 20, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try either the previous version of PP, or the beta version. For me, every other version seems to work okay. It's been going on like this since around this time last year.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 0