Highlighted

Graphic card compatibility

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the characteristics of my computer:

C1.JPGC2.JPG

I receive the following error message.Is it related to the graphic card ?

error.JPG

I plan to buy the following graphic card.Is it compatible with ADOBE PREMIERE PRO ?

GTX1050Ti 4 Go

If not do you recommend another one for my computer ?

Thanks

Topics

Crash, Error or problem, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Graphic card compatibility

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the characteristics of my computer:

C1.JPGC2.JPG

I receive the following error message.Is it related to the graphic card ?

error.JPG

I plan to buy the following graphic card.Is it compatible with ADOBE PREMIERE PRO ?

GTX1050Ti 4 Go

If not do you recommend another one for my computer ?

Thanks

Topics

Crash, Error or problem, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though that card does not appear on this recommended list, I do believe it should work. In fact, I think my previous workstation had that same video card.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html#gpu-acceleration

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would have been my recommendation for that CPU. But not at the street prices that some resellers are still selling it for. So if you're going to pay much more than $90 to $100 USD for it, it's not worth it, especially since there are significantly more powerful and newer GPS available for just a fast-food-meal more money.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant to say "GPUs," not "GPS." Posting from a mobile device almost gets autocorrected with a word that I did not want to put in. And I intentionally put "GPUs," but the spellchecker auto-corrected that to "GPS."

That aside, I have just checked the prices for the GTX 1050 Ti in Europe. Right now at 150-ish Euro it is priced way too close to that of a GTX 1650 Super for its own good. So I would not recommend it at all at such a high price, even though it would have been a near-perfect performance match to that i5-4460 CPU. You'd be better off with a GTX 1650 Super if you really, really need to run Premiere Pro properly, and then save up for the rest of the new core components (CPU, motherboard and RAM) as your forthcoming upgrade budget permits. At least the GTX 1650 Super can be carried over to the newer build without too much of a performance bottleneck (unlike the GTX 1050 Ti).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines