Highlighted

Graphic layers locked together, can't edit

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created layers of graphics using the type and shape tools. I gave them motion using keyframes. I open up the file and I can't see them as seperate elements, they seem to be locked together into one video track. Under the essential graphics tab I can see their motion is saved but I can't click on them as seperate pieces anymore. How do I "unlock" them so I can change the timing of positon, etc. They are now light pink instead of the fuscisa that they used to be. I was using nesting to combine several graphic video tracks so I'm not sure if that has something to do with this.

TOPICS
Editing, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Graphic layers locked together, can't edit

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created layers of graphics using the type and shape tools. I gave them motion using keyframes. I open up the file and I can't see them as seperate elements, they seem to be locked together into one video track. Under the essential graphics tab I can see their motion is saved but I can't click on them as seperate pieces anymore. How do I "unlock" them so I can change the timing of positon, etc. They are now light pink instead of the fuscisa that they used to be. I was using nesting to combine several graphic video tracks so I'm not sure if that has something to do with this.

TOPICS
Editing, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0
MyerPj LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you highlight the graphic in the timeline, then look on the EDIT tab of essential graphics and see the list of layers you have? Also, look over at the Effects Controls panel and see some options there while you do the above.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0