Graphic overlays causing color issues on export

Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the newest update, I've been having problems with graphic overlays. This is for text layers and pre-rendered AE graphics with alpha. They appear fine when previewing in the timeline in Premiere, but once exported (as .mp4), there is a noticeable color and contrast change on the entire image once the overlay appears on screen. I also tried rendering in .mov with the same result.

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What color management settings are you using on those in Ae?

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll have to look at that again, but I have the same result with just a simple text graphic layer in Premiere. It's the same whether exporting from Premiere or sending it to Media Encoder.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huh.

So you create a graphic using the graphics workspace in Premiere, export, and it's different but only when the graphic is on-screen?

I will ask ... have you re-imported the exported clip into Premiere and checked them?

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it looks fine when played from the timeline in Premiere, but has the issue on the exported video. The color quality changes only while the text graphic is up. I did a test and re-imported that video to Premiere and the issue is still there.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a common thing, to be mild ... but would sure be infuriating. Trying to think of something to try that may have some effect.

First, if you're running a dedicated GPU card, go to the Project settings dialog and set that for software only, cutting out the card. Try an export and see if there's a change. If so, it's something with the GPU, maybe a driver issue.

Next, go to the Preferences settings, General tab, and see what you are doing for Display Color Management and for Extended dynamic range monitoring. Test changing them.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the help! I will have to try adjusting a few settings to see if anything works. It's hard to say because Adobe and NVIDIA both updated within the last couple of weeks. I use Premiere for new YouTube videos every Friday and I've had this problem for the last two uploads. I had to leave out the text graphics just to get the videos published. They weren't absolutely necessary, but still, I use them often to clarify certain topics.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...Adobe and NVIDIA both updated within the last couple of weeks.

Mind you that if you are on Windows the "latest" Nvidia drivers are old compared to if you go directly to Nvidias site. Worth trying: Download Drivers - Nvidia

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that including the GeForce Experience app? I use that to keep me up to date on the latest drivers (currently version 446.14 released on 5/27)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, GeForce Experience app is always included in Nvidias drivers. 446.14 is the Game drivers and it can be worth to try the Studio Driver, 442.92.

• Or, go to Sequence Settings and un-check "Composite in Linear..."
  • Or, change the Encoding Settings in the Export Settings dialog from Hardware Encoding to Software Encoding.
  • Or, go to File > Project Settings > General and set the Renderer to "MPE Software Only"
  • Or, give more details such as render settings, codec used and other settings, from After Effects, Depth setting in After Effects, iow 8-bit/16-bit or 32-bit, Exact version of Premiere Pro, Sequence Settings, source media properties, screen dump of the render settngs. (See the attached image)

CDLX.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I did try those first two options previously and had the same result. For now, I've had to export it as quicktime, then re-import that file, insert it into the sequence and export that as an .mp4. (I'm on a PC so it's easier to have it as an .mp4) At least there's a new update as of today, so maybe that will fix it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you ever find a good fix for this? I'm noticing the same issue now..

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines