• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Graphics Issue on my macbook pro 2016 when using premiere

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even I updated to macOS 10.12.2, the flickering issue still exist...

Apple claimed that the graphics issue will be fixed in macOS 10.12.2, but it seems not.

Here is the situation when I use premiere 2017.

Compuer config:

Intel Core i7 2.9 Ghz

Radeon Pro 460 / Intel HD Graphics 530

20161213_090627.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

I too can confirm the latest MacOS 10.12.3 update fixed the issue. Let it be noted, I've only edited a single 11min video in 4k, but, it was while using OpenCL with not a single issue.

From what I'm reading in this thread, it seems Apple and Adobe have fixed the issue. THANK YOU!

As an alternative note, using OpenCL didn't really realize any significant performance improvements over Metal. But, this was only a basic edit with no effects whatsoever.

I'm running the 15" 2.9GHz Radeon 460/4GB...

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 267 Replies 267
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just saw this... Lets hope it works! Just so everybody knows that update is live !Screen Shot 2017-01-24 at 20.42.17.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea just bought a new macbook,downloaded the premiere pro 2017 and my screen was red and blue very frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi alexiec,

Sounds like you're having trouble with a fresh machine. Please update OS X, then update Premiere Pro. There has been a new version as of late. Report back with any screenshots after doing so.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

blockquote, div.yahoo_quoted { margin-left: 0 !important; border-left:1px #715FFA solid !important; padding-left:1ex !important; background-color:white !important; } Its working good now so far,i updated mu macbook.thank you

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, rasmusk! We've been discussing this update for the last 24 hours. It solves the OP's issue for many customers. Please try it.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Mac OS 10.12.3 (16D32)

Premiere Pro CC 2017 11.0.2

MacBook Pro 2016/2017 - i7 2.9 PRO 460

So today I make two simple tests:

Arri Alexa Mini footage 2k 4444xq, time line length 3:20, on time line: stabs, zooms, blend effects, masks...

Export to: Screen Shot 2017-01-24 at 9.04.47 PM.png

So render(all max) time is:

Metal render engine - 2:56

Open CL render engine - 2:17

Old one project imported from Mac Pro 2013 "trash can" NO CRASHES - NO GLITCHES

All perfect.

Thank You Adobe!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi StanislavM,

Thanks so much for reporting back. Sorry it took so long. Sounds like you're good to go!

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. I've ben rattling through edits for 24hrs now with no issues in Premiere at all relating to this issue.

For the first time since receiving my MBP, I feel like I'm getting the full potential out of my machine. I can't tell you how much this makes me happy and confident. No more watching my laptop render proxies, render previews and no more choosing between running the gauntlet of turning on OpenCL in Media Encoder whilst praying or opting to turn it off while watching my beard grow.

Whilst I'm not 100% happy with the way this has been handled, the fact that the fix came in an Apple update makes my content state of mind lean towards Adobe having to sit on their hands a little with these threads. The relationship between Adobe and Apple is no doubt a complex one and whilst Adobe possibly wanted to say 'it's not us!', that was never going to happen publicly for diplomatic reasons. This is just a hunch of course and I doubt we'll ever know until Kevin Monahan writes his memoirs but I'm pleased we can all get on with being creative now instead of shouting at machinery. Perhaps he could secretly acknowledge by  replying with a winking emoticon!

Hats off to all those who contributed info and went through the tedium of sitting at Genius Bars too.

It would feel rude to say I hope to never meet you all again so I'll opt for 'I hope the only time we ever meet is over a bar top!'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well said Jimbo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kev!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! How's the 10.12.3 macOS update working for everyone? No glitches in Premiere in any way anymore? And how's the performance? I'm about to buy a MBP 2016 w/ 460 gpu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the majority consensus is that we're out of the woods. I've been good since the update. Doesn't mean that Premiere will never crash ever again, but it's been stable so far! Gotta love GPU drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) MacBook Pro 2016 460GPU, 2.9 i7, 1tb

2) MacBook Pro 2017 460GPU, 2.9 i7, 2tb

Mac OS 10.12.3 (16D32)

Premiere Pro CC 2017 11.0.2

All perfect.

Open CL - 100%

Metal 98% - some strange things(jello effect) after rendering in preview(program) monitor.

8k .r3d

PS

Metal faster but strange jello effect

Timeline - 3min 42sec, 8k footage scaled to 5k render for a program monitor playback:

Metal - 2:07

Open CL - 2:35

Iphone Stopwatch))))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep,i't seems that macOS update updated GPU drivers/compatibility for Adobe.Been working with Premiere for hours ( Open GL ) and haven't had any problems,OpenGL is more stable and faster as well! Running on 15' MBP 2,7 ghz i7, 460 pro radeon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also just started running into this problem.

Had my full-specced MBP since December and had my first 2 crashes over the past couple of days.

This is probably insignificant, but both times it's happened I've had headphones plugged into the jack (something I haven't really had until the past couple of days).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And just now I had my 3rd crash.

Again, headphones were in as I played back my timeline.

Again, don't know how relevant that is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WJD, not sure if your problem is the same as the previous one. Everyone who came here early December with this issue had a quantifiable and provable issue which was fixed for everyone with the release of an OS update. Are you saying machines locks out, your screen flashes like you're in a disco and you have to hard reboot? If so then update Adobe and OS to latest releases. If not then it might be worth looking elsewhere as it may be a different problem.

FYR, I've been editing with no issues with headphones in for a month now and don't have this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi everyone,

Since this issue was fixed with the macOS 10.12.3 update, let's close this thread right here [it is getting really long]. However, if anyone has the same issue, please feel free to create a new thread or post your comment here. A moderator will branch that to a new thread.

Thank you all,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines