• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Graphics with alpha not appearing in sequence

Participant ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is a weird bug I never had happen before. I made graphic lower thirds in after effects, rendered them with an alpha. They import and appear in the source monitor with the alpha, but then when I put them into the sequence there is a clip in the sequence but nothing shows.  If I double click the sequence clip back into the source monitor, again, nothings shows.  The underlying video is unaffected entirely. 

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Check image resolution: Might very well be off screen. Much larger then the sequence settings.

Hit Set to framesize.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See attached photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check image resolution: Might very well be off screen. Much larger then the sequence settings.

Hit Set to framesize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ann, you win the prize. Of  course it was user error. It usually is. Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, that's very strange. I wonder why it would work in the source monitor with the alpha initially, but then not work after you drop it into your sequence...I'm guessing a bit here and coming up with a few things to try. What happens if you open your sequence settings and deselect "Composite in Linear Color?"

Sequence Settings Dialog.jpg

If that doesn't make a difference, what happens if you dynamic link the After Effects composition to your Premiere Pro sequence? Does that make any differece? Just curious...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good thoughts Brandon. Neither of those methods worked.

This is so strange. I've never seen this before. I just updated PP to 15.2 in case it was a bug fix. But nope. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG. I found the problem. I can't believe what an idiot I am.

The Lower thirds it turns out were made in a UHD comp and my Premiere Project is an HD sequence. So it's just that they are sized in the wrong spot, way below the composition.  

Do I have any hair left after tearing it all out? Thanks for helping me get my head on straight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines