• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Green and Pink Video in Premiere Pro 12.0.1 (Build 69)

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm editing a video since 2 weeks, everything was fine until today. I opened Premiere and all my clips look green/pink.

I didn't change anything, but yesterday Windows Update installed a new video driver "Intel Corporation - Display - 2/28/2018 12:00:00:00 AM - 23.20.16.4973".

I think the problem is a result of the new driver?

Do I need to update a codec?

Or should I remove the display driver?

What can I do?

Thanks for your help.

Greets Udo

fehlerAdobe.JPG

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Ok, I found two older versions here

Version: 15.65.4.4944 (Latest)  not working

Version: 15.60.2.4901 (Latest) <----- WORKS

Interesting, both are called latest 

So the newest intel driver seems to have a problem with Premiere.

What’s now? Let the oldest installed can be a temporally solution but not forever!?

Greets Udo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional Info Intel® HD Graphics 530, so a very common on a Chip

• Adapter CompatibilityIntel Corporation
  • Video ProcessorIntel® HD Graphics Family
  • Resolution2560 x 1440
  • Bits Per Pixel32
  • Number of Colors4294967296
  • Refresh Rate - Current59 Hz
  • Refresh Rate - Maximum75 Hz
  • Refresh Rate - Minimum23 Hz
  • Driver ProviderIntel Corporation
  • Driver Version23.20.16.4973
  • Driver Date28.02.2018
  • Adapter DAC TypeInternal
  • Adapter RAM1,00 GB
  • AvailabilityRunning at full power
  • StatusThis device is working properly.
  • LocationPCI bus 0, device 2, function 0
  • Device IdPCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1912&SUBSYS_79711462&REV_06\3&11583659&0&10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mmm ok, I uninstalled this driver and installed the old one, but w/o success.

Any idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I found two older versions here

Version: 15.65.4.4944 (Latest)  not working

Version: 15.60.2.4901 (Latest) <----- WORKS

Interesting, both are called latest 

So the newest intel driver seems to have a problem with Premiere.

What’s now? Let the oldest installed can be a temporally solution but not forever!?

Greets Udo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, you saved my day. I suffered the same issue with Intel Graphics driver update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it also work for Intel® HD Graphics 520?

The URL you provided doesn't show a list of those older drivers for me, it listed version 24.20.... up.

My OS is Windows 10 64-bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before trying the old controller, try the last one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would advise against using the built-in Intel GPU for editing.  Install a 1000 series GTX card from vNidia.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great solution, change hardware and problems are gone

Luckily, we are in an Adobe forum, otherwise your solution would be to change the software.

With answers like this you got Level 8.... ahhh, ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great solution, change hardware and problems are gone

Sometimes, yeah.

I believe this is one of those times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ask nVidia or AMD and they would say: "change the software, use AVID instead". Shame on Adobe. Same issue here: pink and green color distorsions on exports.

- MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)

- 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7

- Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

- 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

- Adobe Premiere Pro (latest version as of 2019-04-09 ; 13.1.0 Build 193 ; original, not cracked, paying monthly for this malfunctioning stuff)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're having a driver issue. Change to a driver that works properly on your system.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to be so difficult/abrupt with the guy... He's not having a driver issue, he's having an issue when using Premiere Pro.

EXAMPLE: I have other video Softwares on my machine that don't have this problem and MANY other Softwares on this machine that don't have this problem.  However, bootup Premiere pro and guess what... green lines on the preview windows etc.
Adobe Premiere are NOT updating their software compatibility nearly enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you can see later on, in LindaJM's post
(May 23, 2018) ... "This is a known bug in the current version and will be addressed in the next upgrade."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And three years later, they haven't fixed it. I just upgraded Premiere through the CC app and I'm getting the pink/ green color distortion right in Premiere -- not just in export

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is always a driver issue ... and can only be 'fixed' for X version, not something you can forever eliminate.

So yes, they've fixed the specific causes ... actually now, quite a few times. But as Nvidia or AMD change their kit & their firmwared and their drivers ... it will happen again. And again.

And ... need a replacement driver or change in NLE code. As always. And ever.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Sorry about that. A question: is your computer system meeting or exceeding system requrements? Please give us objective information about your computer system and media so we can help you more appropriately. Often, this issue these days means that your computer's GPU is probably not powerful enough, especially considering your media and the effects that are applied to it. Hope we can help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trash your preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, installing the other driver helped me too.

The affected PC uses only the onboard graphics of the i5-7500, in other words the HD630, and this helped:

"Version: 15.60.2.4901 (Latest) <----- WORKS"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started to have this same problem this morning. The files were fine when I began this morning, then suddenly switched to the green and pink tint

I'm on a work computer, and there's no way a driver was updated this morning (updates don't happen randomly and without some sort of notice)

Thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HERE'S THE SOLUTION FROM ADOBE: You have to change the video rendering setting.

Premiere Pro

File > Project Settings > General > Video Rendering and Playback > (choose from dropdown) Mercury Playback Engine Software Only

Media Encoder

File > Preferences > General > Video Rendering > (choose from dropdown) Mercury Playback Engine Software Only

This is a known bug in the current version and will be addressed in the next upgrade.

I spent two days with our IT department and 1 hour with Adobe support trying to figure this out. For now, the resolution is a pretty simple fix. No need to update any drivers, hardware, or software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting this! Fixed the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This "fixes" it but really doesn't solve our problem. In my case, using Software Only makes playback come to a screeching halt. The Open CL performs much better. Adobe needs to fix this, or update their software to accommodate for Intel's bug - whoever is to blame!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI - I rolled my driver software back from the Device Manager panel which fixed the problem. Using a version from 2016 that was in a picklist in my graphics card settings. I'll update my driver back to the latest version once this issue has been resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I must have spent three hours trying to solve this for a 5 minute clip, but this works perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines