• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Green and purple lines in Premiere Pro

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am experiencing a problem involving the green and purple lines issue which has been photographed. I have tried all of the other ways to solve it in previous threads but I havent been able to solve the issue. I have tried:

Premiere Pro Green and Pruple lines issue.jpg

1. Installing updated drivers

2. Using the basic driver, which works however this makes everythign very slow and is very inneficient

3. Have tried switching to the basic renderer rather then the GUP Accelerated renderer 

4. Have tried resetting my preferences which didn't do anything

5. And lastly tried uninstalling and reinstalling, tried previous versions, tried a much much ealier version but these methods didn't work as it carried across to all of the previous and current versions.

Does anyone have and ideas as to how I may fix this issue as I have tried so many different methods and none have worked?

Many thanks

Peter 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Hardware or GPU , Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your computer specs, please ... OS/CPU/RAM/GPU and the GPU driver number.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the laptop itself is the Dell XPS 13 9380, my operating system is Windows 10, my CPU is the Intel Core i7 8th Gen, it has 16GB of RAM, my GPU is Intel (R) UHD Graphics 620 and my current GPU Driver number is 10.0.19041.1 Rolling back to the basic driver fixes the issue but it slows my laptop up a lot and makes everything longer to work through. Sorry reply took long, still getting the grips of Adobe Forums. After installing the latest drivers, it no longer gives me three of the same options and the basic driver, and this issue occured only very recently about a month ago, the only manual driver I can select is the ACPI x64-based PC and it will not allow me to roll back my driver, which has been photographed. 

IMG_3142.jpgIMG_3143.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update your intel gpu driver (sometimes you need to roll back).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then yes, this is an issue with the onboard graphics 'GPU' chip and the driver used. This sort of thing can be frustrating.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

Is there anyway to fix it or am I just stuck with the issue? Obviously there is rolling back to the basic driver but that makes everything slow and makes it much more frustrating to work through stuff, was hoping there was a much simpler resolve, especially as there isn't the option to roll back to the basic driver anymore. It is quite frustrating as it was working perfectly fine until one day I was working on a project and it just appeared.

Cheers 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue (as are loads of other people according to a quick google earch)

Surely there must be a better fix for this - everything else video related works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also - I don't have the option to roll back the driver. This is a total nightmare. Are Adobe planning to fix this?

gwa84_0-1597754659544.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah all of the videos just say you have to roll back your driver, select the basic renderer or just tell you to select the basic driver. The basic driver worked but it just made everything incredibly slow and in the grand scheme of things didn't actually fix the issue because by tackling one issue you create another. Was hoping to start editing some business things at some point but if they don't fix the issue I will just cacel my subcription and go back to using Wondershare Filmora because at least that doesn't have major issues.

I wanted to use premiere pro to get used to much more professional editing but if that professional editing means I have to edit behind green lines, it's near impossible to focus and continue with my work. Hope they fix it soon 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere is designed for pro work. And is designed accordingly for use on more "pro" gear. Which yea, means you have to have a recenntly new and well-specced machine to run it. Anything with a UHD620 as it's best graphics capability is going to be well below what's needed for realistic working in Premiere.

My three-year old desktop is awaiting it's replacement coming in from the builder. It was a good medium/budget rig when built, but what I need now is a bit more. And btw, it's got a GTX1060/6GB video card ... which is way below what the new rig will have.

Working with and in Premiere does require a bit of routine hardware expense. I've figured that every 3/4 years it's a new desktop and laptop. Replaced the laptop last year.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

So are you suggesting it is my actual hardware stopping me from editing rather then just a simple fix of a driver down grade but not too much of a downgrade? I got this laptop end of last year and if it is a case of building a PC rig which I already had plans for but scrapped them for other reasons, I don't see the point in having it installed as it means the app would basically be unusable. Are you sure there isn't a simple fix as it seems to have carried across to multiple different apps such as premier pro, after effects, elements etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Adobe Elements actually, seems to be an issue across both. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I had the same issue on After Effects too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines